[Resolved] Chronological archives

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Chronological archives

Home Forums Support Chronological archives

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michel

Hi guys,

I run a fictional stories site with GP Premium as well as WP Show Posts. Anyone who visits it gets “the latest”, but a new reader may want to start from the beginning to get more familiar.

Good news: I already have categories, clear navigation and the default ordering is absolutely perfect for the regular visitor.

Bad news: A new visitor needs access to chronological category archives that help to browse from start to finish, as an addition to the site. Then, I’d link those archives where relevant.

Is there a way to leverage GP Premium and WP Show Posts to this end?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you provide a link to the site so we can see what the current setup is?

You can edit your original topic and use the Site URL field to share it privately.

Michel

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I probably won’t need to share a link. Got it done through WP Show Posts, creating a static page for each category, ascending instead of descending with the right number of columns.

I’ve customised navigation to make it prettier. Is there a way to get rid of the dead … button to show all pagination numbers? I won’t have enough pages to make it endless anyway.

Either that or it would be nice to leverage the “load more posts” button from the Blog.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I assume this is using WPSP, correct?

If so, can you try this filter?:

add_filter( 'wpsp_pagination_mid_size', function() {
        return '100';
    } );

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Michel

Ah, victory!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.