[Resolved] Change Column Number or Width in Grid Block

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Change Column Number or Width in Grid Block

Home Forums Support Change Column Number or Width in Grid Block

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael

How do you adjust columns once you’ve created a grid block? I created a grid block with two columns but when I previewed the page in another tab, I wanted to make the left column wider. There’s no apparent way to do that. You can’t drag on them, nor is there any option in the grid settings or any of the other block settings.

Thanks for any insights you can provide!

Mike

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

If you select the container block in the block navigation, then you can set the container width in the setting:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/b6Ijmw9S

Michael

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am not seeing an option like that. With a lot of random fumbling, I can eventually get a “select parent grid” option. But that provides no information or options regarding the columns. If I select one of the two blocks I have as columns, I can adjust width percentage, but the page looks awful in the browser, with one column (the one on the left containing an image) overlapping the right column. If I select “Edit as HTML”, the block crumbles into an error that needs the code resolved (so I have to back out of the page).

I’ve been using WordPress for 11 years (I even teach it) and have been coding Web sites since 2000 – but thus far, I am not finding GenerateBlocks intuitive. I’m sure I will eventually figure it out.

Anyway, thanks anyway for your quick reply.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What percentage are you adjusting it to?

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?

You can use a service like this:
    https://postimages.org/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.