[Support request] Category Widget not working, Archives missing only when sidebar link clicked

Home Forums Support [Support request] Category Widget not working, Archives missing only when sidebar link clicked

Home Forums Support Category Widget not working, Archives missing only when sidebar link clicked

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Susanne

Hi there,

The Category widget in the sidebar of the blog section on my site seems to be having a problem. When clicked, it takes you to that category archive page but does not display the categorized articles. I can still see the categories below all articles on the main blog page (underneath the post excerpts) and if I click on any one of them it takes me to the archive page and displays all posts properly.

What could be the problem with clicking the sidebar link that causes them to not display on the archive page when clicked from there?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try #1 here to eliminate plugin conflict? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Let me know.

Susanne

Ok so I figured out that I needed to change the menu item to “category” and not “Page”, but now I discovered that it’s not functioning properly in the “blog” drop-down of the main menu, even though I changed those items to categories as well. So now the side widget blog menu is working but the top isn’t… Please advise, thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The child menu items under BLOG are all static pages right now from what I can see and not category items.

Susanne

I just double-checked, they are all category items, only “blog” is static page, but all sub-items on main nav menu are categories. What is up with this?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you using any caching plugins?

Susanne

No, I’m not. Please advise, I still can’t figure out why it isn’t working.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

And you have the correct menu assigned to the primary navigation?

Susanne

Yes. I even just tried creating a custom link and pasting the exact url from the category page on the sidebar link, and for some reason it doesn’t populate the page with the archive contents when clicked from the main navigation. This is so weird! Please help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like it’s working now. The menu items now show they are category pages.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.