[Resolved] Can't Reach The Section and Paragraph Buttons On An Elementor Section

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can't Reach The Section and Paragraph Buttons On An Elementor Section

Home Forums Support Can't Reach The Section and Paragraph Buttons On An Elementor Section

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    James

I’m using GeneratePress 1.3.46 and GP Premium 1.2.96 with Elementor Pro. I’ve found a bug whilst creating my Home page. I’m creating a parallax, single page, web site. When I try and go to the ‘Section or Column’ buttons at the top left hand side of the page, where I have a logo and the site Header Name, they simply blank out. When I move over the logo, they do pop-up, but as I move past the logo towards the buttons they simply ghost away. I pull my mouse back and I see them pop-up. I move towards them and they disappear. I’ve tried everything to reach them, to no avail.

So, I deactivated GP Premium and then it works. I can reach the buttons. I reactivate GP Premium then it doesn’t work. I tried leaving GP Premium activated and deactivated Elementor Pro. But, that does the same thing. The buttons ghost away when I move toward them. It only happens with GP Premium activated.

Any ideas…?

James

UPDATE: I moved the Section’s ‘Content Position’ to ‘Middle’, as it was originally positioned on ‘Top’ and I can access the grey ‘Section’ and black ‘Column’ buttons now, with GP Premium activated. I’ll just have to work with this for now..

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi James,

Do you still need help on this? If so are you able to provide a link to your site?

Hard to picture what’s going on without seeing it.

Sound like it’s more of an Elementor set up problem though if the content is all created from Elementor.

We can definitely take a look for sure though ๐Ÿ™‚

James

UPDATE: Nope, it’s still doing it. I have to deactivate GP Premium to make adits to my Section. This is really frustrating!

James

I can send you the link to my my site, but you will not be able to recreate the problem unless you have access as Admin. The URL is: https://www.downrangeopns.com/home/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry I’m still unclear what the issue is. It’s only happening when you are logged in?

Can you activate Premium and let us see what’s going on?

James

How can you see what’s going on?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m unclear what the problem is so I was hoping to see it on live site? or does it not show on live site?

I can use developer tool to dig around the code…

Also don’t see any buttons on that page.

James

Hi Leo, it doesn’t show on the live site. The buttons are only visible when I’m working on the page itself from inside the WP Admin area. If I have a blank page and I insert a section with Elementor, two buttons appear on the inserted section. a charcoal ‘Column button and a grey ‘Section’ button. You need to click on these to edit the formatting of the section. When I have GP Premium activated I can’t get to the buttons. But when I deactivate GP Premium I can. Does this help?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

ahh i see. Thought you meant actual buttons on the page.

Lots of people use the combo of GP premium and Elementor but we haven’t heard this issue before.

Do you have other plugins activated? Could you try disable all non-GP and Elementor plugins and see if the issue remains?

James

I’m willing to give it a go…Standby!

Lyle

James –

Not sure if you are on the Elementor Facebook group, but I have posted the following CSS there for this sort of behavior. It moves the Col/Sect tabs down and into the bounding box plus enhances their display. Adjust the values as desired ๐Ÿ™‚

/* places column and section inside the box */
    .elementor-editor-active .elementor.elementor-edit-mode .elementor-editor-column-settings {
        bottom: 70%;
    }

/* changes the font size */
    .elementor-editor-active .elementor.elementor-edit-mode .elementor-editor-element-settings .elementor-editor-element-setting > a {
        font-size: 14px;
    }

/* changes the background color */
    .elementor-editor-active .elementor.elementor-edit-mode .elementor-editor-element-settings .elementor-editor-element-setting {
        background-color: #1e73be;
    }

Cheers!
    Lyle

James

All of the other plugins have been deactivated, but the problem persists. In order to do edits to my top section I have to keep going backwards and forward to deactivate the GP Premium plugin as I need it activated to have a transparent background on the header.

James

Hi Lyle,

Sorry to ask this question, but where would I place this CSS. I’m still very much a novice at WordPress I’m afraid.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.