[Resolved] Can't Reach The Section and Paragraph Buttons On An Elementor Section

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can't Reach The Section and Paragraph Buttons On An Elementor Section

Home Forums Support Can't Reach The Section and Paragraph Buttons On An Elementor Section

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Lyle

I use Tom’s Simple CSS plugin πŸ™‚

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-css/

Install, activate and paste in the CSS editor: Dashboard > Appearance > Simple CSS then Save CSS

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry Lyle I’m very confused about this. So you are experiencing the same problem James describes without the CSS?

James

Hi Lyle,

You are a LifeSaver…!!!! This has done the trick. It works perfectly, now that the buttons have been pushed down below the border of the Elementor Section. I’m am so happy. This was costing me dearly in time. The Simple CSS plugin and your code has saved the day. Thank you and God Bless!

Lyle

James – you’re welcome and good to hear it works for you πŸ™‚

Leo – the condition that James describes is a common one in the Elementor editor when you have a section (row) that is close to either the top of the page or to the section above it. The Column and Section tab (where you select either one for editing and is located above the section bounding box) becomes unreachable, usually when a negative margin has been applied for layout purposes, and is “underneath” either the above section or the page header.

This CSS moves the Tab down so that it is within the bounding box of the section and can therefore be reached in these circumstances.

Myself and others have posted this situation on the Elementor GitHub and suggested they incorporate it into a future release. For comparison, Beaver Builder has these selectors set up “properly” πŸ˜‰

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for the explanation Lyle πŸ™‚

I still don’t understand why de-activating GP premium would solve the problem though?

Really appreciate your help!

James

My sincere thanks an appreciation go to Lyle and to Leo for their swift intervention and assistance. I’ll call this topic resolved.

Lyle

The only thing that I can think of is because James may have reduced the spacing for certain items using those options available only in GP-Premium and therefore cause the layout issue.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I see. Thanks Lyle!

James

Yes, I agree with you Lyle. That is exactly what I did. I originally set the ‘Section’ to ‘Top’ and this was when my problems started. I was also trying to adjust the size of the background image at the same time and couldn’t access the ‘Section or Column’ buttons. But, this happened again after I moved the Section down to the Center of the page. The Buttons kept disappearing when I moved toward them. It’s all fixed now though.

Jeff

Lyle, Having the same issue when I used a Fit to Screen Section at the top of the page while Merging header and page as well. I like to live dangerously. Anyway, your code worked perfectly and solved this issue. Cheers.

John

Lyle I like your css for the Col/Sect tabs, but I still have problems with them being “under” the area they cover. Is there some css could be added to bring them to “always on top”??

Lyle

John – the only thing I can think of is to try adding a z-index of, say, 999 . I’m having a difficult time producing a layout where they cannot be reached πŸ™‚

John

Lyle, even using your css I find that the Col/Sect can get hidden “behind” the column or section it is supposed to be servicing. I am using GP pro and elementor, however I also have number of other elementor add-on plugins installed and I am going to play around with disabling them to see if they are causing problems. I will update later.
    Unfortunatley i am not good with PHP so when you say “adding a z- index of 999” is like speaking french to me, I do not have a clue what it means.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Link: z-index is another css property.
    So you can change the stacking order of layers. Hope that helps.

Amazing how many bug fixes for elementor get discussed here πŸ˜‰

John

Hello Lyle,

I copied one of the lines in your code (font Size) and substituted font size for zindex = 999 and everything seems to work well – so far. Thanks for all you help.
    Really think the guys at elementor should be dealing with this problem, seems many people are experiencing problems wiht it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.