[Resolved] Can I have the text overlay of a hero image set to not display on mobile?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can I have the text overlay of a hero image set to not display on mobile?

Home Forums Support Can I have the text overlay of a hero image set to not display on mobile?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Bennett

I have set the header element and the text overlay, and set the text to float left and be offset so it doesn’t bump into the image in the element – and it’s all good.

But it doesn’t look nice on mobile because the text overlaps the image.

So I would simply like the text not to show on mobile – so there is just the header image and no text overlay.

Can this be done? Did I miss a setting or is there some CSS?

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try this CSS:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .inside-page-hero {
            display: none;
        }
    }

If you want to apply it to a specific header element then you can add an Element Class in the editor. Then use .my-custom-class .inside-hero to target that specific hero.

Alternatively in your HTML content you can use the hide-on-mobile class e.g

<p class="hide-on-mobile">You won't see me on mobile</p>

David Bennett

Thanks,
    Would that element class go in with the CSS so that it reads

.my-custom-class .inside-hero @media (max-width: 768px) {
        .inside-page-hero {
        }
    }

Or does the element class .my-custom-class .inside-hero go in the Element editor in the ‘Element Classes’ ?

Taking out the text display on mobile reduces the top-to-bottom height of the element. I expected that and I can live with it, but is there a way to not have it do that?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the CSS would look like this:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .my-custom-class .inside-page-hero {
        }
    }

And in the Element Classes you would add just this: my-custom-class – you don’t add . here.

In the header element you have a little mobile icon next to the padding so you could adjust the padding for mobile to accommodate for that change.

David Bennett

Many thanks. (I keep not seeing those little icons.)

Could I name the class my-big-fat-custom-class (or whatever) as long as I name it the same (with the dot) in the CSS? Or is there something reserved that means it has to be named my-custom-class

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can name it whatever you like – best to keep it as original as possible i generally prefix my classes with my initials e.g db-remove-mobile-content for example and then use that with the .dot in your CSS.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.