[Support request] Blog Redirect to New Tab

Home Forums Support [Support request] Blog Redirect to New Tab

Home Forums Support Blog Redirect to New Tab

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Joseph

I am using the Simple Post Redirect plugin that does not have the feature of opening the link up up in a new tab. I am also using WP Show Post plugin. Everything works great however the redirect does not open in a new tab. Is there a work around this? If I add the target=”_blank” to the source link it gives me a 404 error.

When I create a post I add the Title, redirect link, category, and the featured image. WP Show Post does the rest.
    By the way can you send me a link where I can purchase the WP Show Post from GP. It’s a easy to use AND great plugin.

Thanking you in advance, stay safe, stay healthy.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Have you checked with the Simple Post Redirect plugin authors? I’m not sure why a redirect wouldn’t be working in a new tab vs the same tab (as long as the destination is the same).

They might know what could be causing it.

Joseph

Looking through their Support FOrum here was their reply to another similar inquiry.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-confirm-open-in-new-tab-dont-work/

It might be time to replace that particular plugin. I welcome any recommendations you may have.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What exactly are you wanting to do? Redirect your post URLs somewhere else?

Joseph

In creating a post the only information on the post is the redirected URL, Title, Category, and Featured Image. Once published I use WP Show Post to populate the main page. When the post on the main page is clicked it goes directly to the external link that was set in the post via the redirect. It works great however it takes the user away from the main page vs. going to a new tab.
    The other alternative is to do it manually by adding the image and a link (with target’_blank”) These news stories are changed out at least 3 times a day that we wanted to keep an archive by using posts. You can view the site to see what I talking about.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So basically you need to add target="_blank" to your post titles? Is that for all post titles, or only specific ones (in a category etc..)

ernest

SO is there a way to add target=”_blank” to post titles when they are external links (not post images, just the titles)?

Many thanks for any insights!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    ernest

Ok, thanks. I will give that a try!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.