Black Friday Sale! Get up to $40 off GP Premium!Learn more

[Resolved] Blog full customizer is missing?

Home Forums Support Blog full customizer is missing?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Patricia

Hi Tom,

Thank you for all your help so far, I’ve just purchased the Blog Add-on and I don’t have the full customizer options (I am on the Blog page to do this with the Customizer) but I can’t see more than Blog Post Content (options to choose: excerpt or full post) and that’s it.

No display Date, author, categories, tags and comments on my blog posts.
    However, none of it is appearing after enabling all the options within the blog section in the customizer.

I am using the Generate Press Theme in full with all the Add-ons

my website is: http://www.mac-bay.co.uk/

Any ideas what maybe I’m doing wrong?

Many thanks

Patricia

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Patricia,

If that’s all you’re seeing, it’s likely the plugin isn’t activated.

When you go to “Plugins” in your Dashboard, is Generate Blog blue and activated?

Igor

Tom,

The BLOG add-on is missing in my customize menu too.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Make sure you’re actually viewing the blog page inside the Customizer.

Sections won’t show up if the options for them won’t do anything on the page you’re viewing.

Fatih

I have the same problem. Using the latest version and I tried using Menu Plus and Copyright add-ons, however, none are showing in the customizer.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Betty

Hi, Tom!

I have the same problem. The Blog Add-on is activated but it doesn’t show in the Customizer at all. I have the latest version of wordpress and GeneratePress. All Generate Press add-ons are activated.

What am I missing? Thanks!

UPDATE: So, I figured this one out… The Home page was set as a static page & posts page. I changed it to latest posts and voila! The Blog settings showed up.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Betty,

Yes – you need to be viewing the blog page (whether it’s the front page or not) in order for the Blog settings to show up.

Cavyl

Hi,

I just purchased the GP Premium and I’m having the same issue with the blog addon not showing all the options. My settings is set to latest posts. I’ve been reading the instructions here and I still can’t figure out what to do to make it work. I have the customizer on the left and the blog is showing on the right. Please help.

Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

So you’re viewing the blog page inside the Customizer (you can see your posts), and there’s no “Blog” section on the left at all?

Let me know 🙂

Cavyl

Hi,

I actually figured it out, it was my error.

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Danila Mouzytchenko

Hello Tom, how do you navigate to Blog page inside the Customizer? I can’t see the “Blog” menu. I am not able to click the links on the page to navigate to the blog. What to do? Thank you in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you’re using GP Premium 1.2.90, it’s no longer necessary to be on the blog page.

To answer your question, there would have to be a link to the blog in your menu or in the content somewhere.

You can also view the blog on the front end of the site, and click “Customize” in the admin bar.

Jessica

I know this is an old thread but I am revisiting our site I built and something must have changed significantly… I have followed your instructions to the letter, and I am definitely on the blog page when I go in to the customizer to edit the blog page. However, I still cannot get any of the poss to show up no matter what I do.

I know that there’s a blog post published but I can’t customize it the same way that I used to in terms of all of the options that used to be there. I know this is an old thread but I am revisiting our site I built and something must have changed significantly because as I have followed your instructions to the letter, and I am on the blog page when I go to the customizer to edit the blog page, I still cannot get any of the post to show up on the page no matter what I do and I know that there’s a blog post published but I can’t customize it the same way that I used to in terms of all of the options that used to be there

And just to reiterate, I am on my blog page And that’s when I clicked on customize and for some reason I just cannot seem to get anything to show up it’s a blank page other than the header navigation which shows the blog is being the active page, and the sidebar.

What is strange is that on the homepage I have the preview from WP show posts Pro which shows that there is a blog post but when you click on it that’s the only way to get to the blog post.

It’s more than likely that something I’m doing but I have done this so many times I can’t figure out why it’s not working this time.

I even double checked in the settings to see how the reading is set up and that is set up correctly as well where I have my homepage as the front page and my blog page as blog/posts page. So as far as I can see I’m not doing anything different than I’ve ever done before and I am totally baffled.

Can you give me some direction as to what might have changed that I’m not able to populate my blog page to show the posts that have been published?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.