[Resolved] Blog full customizer is missing?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog full customizer is missing?

Home Forums Support Blog full customizer is missing?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jessica

Hrm. I just played Around with checking in on checking some of the boxes and it looks like if I want to display posts in masonry grid that is what hides all the posts. When I uncheck it the posts show up. It’s a format that I’m used to using in terms of the masonry so I can’t imagine I would’ve done anything to disable or hide it but the customizer has changed so much that there used to be more options and now it’s either display masonry or don’t display masonry which I at this point like I stated, I’m on able to do.

I hope that at least helps to try and identify what might be going on

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That sounds like there’s a javascript error on the page. Try disabling your other plugins one by one to see if it’s one of them causing it.

Jessica

Just went through and individually disabled, cleared cache and refreshed. No change. I don’t have that many plugins as 4 of them are for GP/show posts, Yoast, and only a very few others I always use but have not run into this.

The blog does work now but I am not able to use the masonry feature. So it isn’t really a complete .js conflict. I do as much as I can to minimize the number of scripts that have to load for this reason.

I’m still at a loss. And I’m getting so close and ready to launch but can’t ifbtye blog is empty :/

Mostly, the customizer part for the blog is so much less robust than it used to be = I can’t see as many options arrange the way the page looks. I’m wondering if I am missing another area that also customizes the blog?

And it’s strange that my other sites have’t been affected by the framework changes. This site is actually just a duplicate of another site that is working fine but with a different logo, and text. That’s why I’m baffled :/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can link me to the problem page?

In GPP 1.5, the blog options were re-built in the Customizer. They can all be found in Customize > Layout > Blog now.

Jessica

It’s in “coming soon” mode so you won’t be able to get past that page without my publicly posting the bypass link.

I did see the reconfiguration of the blog customizer – it just seems as if there are few options now :/

Mostly, it’s that the other sites coded pretty much the same way with the same plugins aren’t having these issues and disabling the plugins didn’t change anything.

I think I’m going to just let it go for now b/c I wanted to launch the site this weekend and I’m a few days behind. Starting to lose my inner passion for this stuff 🙁 .

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s actually quite a few more options in the new Blog update – everything is just in one section.

Feel free to email access to the site if you’d like: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.