[Support request] Background image for button

Home Forums Support [Support request] Background image for button

Home Forums Support Background image for button

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Heehs

I can customize color and typography for buttons. Customize can set a background image for lots of things, but not for a button. What CSS would enable me to insert a background image for buttons, or for a particular button?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

It’s very rare that people would apply a background image to buttons.

Which button are you referring to?

Let me know.

Jeff Heehs

Paypal requires their branding on buttons that access payment through their platform. We’ve used Ninjaforms PayPal API, which works ok. The button to submit a payment form should incorporate one of several PayPal symbols, like this:

Buy now with PayPal

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not quite sure if I understand. The submit button should have those images as background?

Can you link me to an example?

Jeff Heehs

Yes, PayPal wants their design on payment buttons. Thousands or millions of e-commerce sites use PayPal for payment processing. They evidently all display a PayPal button to initiate payments.

“PayPal application policies and guidelines

“Use the following policies, guidelines, and best practices that you should follow when you create applications that make calls to PayPal API operations:

” To make API calls to the PayPal production servers, you must be a registered PayPal Developer and have a PayPal
    Business Account in good standing.
    The Merchant/Seller of Record must be the primary recipient for every PayPal transaction made between a payment Sender (Buyer) and the associated payment Recipient (Seller).
    You must read and adhere to the guidelines listed in the PayPal Developer Agreement.
    Follow the Branding Guidelines in Chapter 2 of the PayPal Interface Guide and

use only authorized PayPal buttons on your payment page. Create PayPal buttons for your application through your PayPal account

, or use the Button Manager API to create your own encrypted buttons.”

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/logo-center

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I don’t think PayPal minds what kind of button you use to link to their services.

For example, they give you a raw link inside their platform (no button at all), which is meant for use in emails: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6879666/paypal-button-as-text-link

However, they do have a button builder inside their merchant services which allows you to build a button using their styles.

You can give a button a background image using a class:

<a class="button paypal-button" href="#">My button</a>

Then your CSS:

.paypal-button {
        background-image: url(URL TO YOUR IMAGE);
    }

Let me know if that helps or not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.