[Resolved] Background Colours Of Menus

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Background Colours Of Menus

Home Forums Support Background Colours Of Menus

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mary Pearson

Hi Tom,

On my website at https://christiangays.com/ you will note that I have a primary menu with links to sub-domains (CAPITAL LETTERS). Secondary menu is different on each sub-domain.

When I click on a sub-domain in the primary menu, the background colour goes tan. (good)
    When I click on a menu item in the secondary menu, the background colour goes tan (good), and the background colour of the sub-domain in the primary menu goes back white (not selected) (not good).

I would like my members to know which parts of the site they are on, so I’m wondering if there is any way to keep the background colour of the primary menu tan, even when they click on an item in the secondary menu.

Is this possible, and if so, how?
    Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The tan color in your case is the current background color. So in order for any one menu item to be tan, WordPress needs to see some sort of relationship between the current page and the menu item. Whether it’s a parent or child page, the current page etc..

Mary Pearson

So do you think it’s possible?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Only if there’s a relationship between the page and the menu item you want to be tan.

The other alternative is to use javascript to give that menu item the current-menu-item class when you’re on a specific page. That would be pretty complicated though, especially if you’re not familiar with javascript.

Mary Pearson

Thank you. No I know that I can’t do it but I might be able to pay a coder to do it for me if you think it’s possible.

Thanks Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

Mary Pearson

I thought you might like to know that my coder was able to complete this task for me.

My secondary links are now connected to primary links, so that when a person clicks on a link in the secondary menu, the primary menu also changes colour.

I’m a happy camper!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Perfect ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.