[Resolved] An error occurred while updating: Download failed. Unauthorized

Home Forums Support [Resolved] An error occurred while updating: Download failed. Unauthorized

Home Forums Support An error occurred while updating: Download failed. Unauthorized

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    endunham

I’m trying to upgrade add-ons but I get this error no matter how many times I try.
    Any clue to fix it??
    My server is Flywheel by the way.

Thanks a lot!

morriscountynj

I have the same error. This is on Bluehost, I’m using WP Remote to manage the site.

Roger Roth

I have the same error.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can each of your confirm that your emails are activated?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/install-activate-addons/#activate

Roger Roth

Hello Tom

i have all Add-Ons activated. All Add-Ons are green. Email is activated and green.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ve confirmed that this is happening even when emails are activated.

Our Software Licensing plugin was updated the other day, so I’m assuming there’s something wrong with the update. Waiting to hear back from the developer.

Will update this topic 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Here’s what I got back:

That is happening because the customer’s license keys are not properly activated on the URL that they have the plugin’s installed on it. This can sometimes happen when a customer starts using the plugin on a temporary URL and then updates the URL to the final, live URL but does not change the license key to use the new URL.

In version 3.4 of Software Licensing we made a small change so that update notifications are shown (but not permitted to be installed) even for non-active / valid license keys.

Have your customer activate the license key on the proper URL and they’ll be able to update the plugin.

Solution:

1. Go to “Appearance > GeneratePress”
    2. Deactivate your email
    3. Activate your email
    4. Re-enable your add-ons updates

That should allow you to update without any issues.

Let me know 🙂

Tim

Colors, Header, and Backgrounds will still not update after I tried the solutions recommended above a couple times.

Tim

The solutions above did not work for me.

Tim

I was able to update Backgrounds and Header, but not colors, after disabling and enabling the add-ons, rather than their updates. Colors seems to not want to deactivate.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So is Colors the only one not working for you? Even when you disable and enable the updates (not the actual plugin).

endunham

Thanks for the solutions!
    Typography and Copyright worked all right for the solution. Successfully I could upgrade them.
    However, Background, Colors, Blog, Disable Elements and Hooks don’t work at all.
    Now even if I tried to deactivate these add-ons at GeneratePress c-panel ( “Appearance > GeneratePress”), nothing happened: Buttons seem not to work at all.
    I’d love to hear more further workaround.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So you’re not able to deactivate the licenses for those add-ons? Nothing happens?

Can you try deactivating your email and then activating it again?

Roger Roth

OK, now it’s ok with update. I have deactivate the email-adress. subsequent i have activate the email-adress and all adons – and all uptdates coming.

Many Thanks.

Sebastien

It works! Awesome support as usual.

Thank you Tom!

TheNemal

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.