- This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 3 months ago by Leo.
December 8, 2019 at 11:31 am #1098017tbgr
I’d like to add Mail Chimp’s Pop-Up Form HTML to my GP website. According to Mail Chimp’s “Help” instructions, after editing the form to my satisfaction, I need to generate the code and then paste it in my website’s HTML.
1. Do you recommend doing this? If so, please provide instructions.
2. Am I better off using a Pop-up form plugin? If so, any recommendations?
Thank you!December 8, 2019 at 12:08 pm #1098035LeoStaffCustomer Support
1. Not sure if I understand. There isn’t anything in GP that generates the code for you. Perhaps this question is better for MailChimp’s support?
2. This is all personal reference so we don’t really have recommendations for it. Just find a plugin that fits your need the best 🙂December 8, 2019 at 12:19 pm #1098044tbgr
The code is generated in Mail Chimp. I can copy it. The issue is: where do I paste it within WordPress?
Or would I be better off just using a plugin?December 8, 2019 at 12:30 pm #1098052LeoStaffCustomer SupportDecember 8, 2019 at 12:34 pm #1098055tbgr
They did not. Here’s what they said:
“Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
Embedding code on your site is an advanced task and is recommended for users familiar with custom coding. Contact your developer, or hire a Mailchimp Expert if you need assistance.”
Leo, it’s probably easier just to use a plugin. Thanks anyway!December 8, 2019 at 12:36 pm #1098057LeoStaffCustomer SupportDecember 8, 2019 at 12:39 pm #1098059tbgr
Here it is:
Try adding that in
wp_footerhook with a hook element:
https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/December 9, 2019 at 5:25 am #1098513tbgr
This didn’t work but thanks anyway. I’m going to look for a pop-up plugin.
RobertDecember 9, 2019 at 8:47 am #1098834LeoStaffCustomer SupportDecember 19, 2019 at 8:45 am #1108938Melanie Jongsma
I have this same question. Mailchimp gives me this code:
But I’m not sure where to put it. Can I use Code Snippets to add this to my site?December 19, 2019 at 3:45 pm #1109248LeoStaffCustomer Support
I would recommend trying this solution first:
https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/adding-mail-chimps-pop-up-form-html-to-gp/#post-1098082December 22, 2019 at 7:43 am #1111318Melanie Jongsma
Thanks for your reply. I actually found an add-on to the MC4WP plugin I use. The add-on allows me to put a subscribe form as a top banner on my website.December 22, 2019 at 9:01 am #1111362
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.