Adding linked text to featured image

Home Forums Support Adding linked text to featured image

Home Forums Support Adding linked text to featured image

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Richard

Hi Tom,

In WordPress, how do you add text and link it on the home page featured image?

Thanks.

Dick

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’ll need to use the “Content” section of the Page Header image to include text.

If you want the text to display over top of the image, you’ll need to add content and select the “Use image (from image tab) as a background image?” option.

Richard

Hi Tom,
    As you instructed me, I added text, checked that box, updated, viewed page and the text appears below the featured image.

I want text on the featured image and change the text font, size and color as well as link it.

You said I should add text to the Content section of the Page Header image. But I want the text over the featured image, not the page header image.

Thanks.
    Dick

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dick,

Text can’t go over the featured image – text can only go on top of images when the image is set as a background, or if you use absolute positioning which can get very tricky.

Not sure how you managed to display any text below the featured image – that’s not a feature. Can I see the page?

Richard Robinson

Hi Tom,
    I’m going to try to add text to my home page featured image with the Visual Editor widget (Black Studio TinyMCE)… Unless you have another suggestion.

I have step-by-step instructions for this customization, which includes positioning typography and margins. I don’t know if it’s called “absolute positioning,” but it sounds like it could be.

My featured image already contains text from Gimp. I want to add some linked text and-or CTA buttons. I think the linked text and CTA buttons could be better and easier edited in GP with the widget than in Gimp. Do you agree?

I found out how I put text below the featured image in GP. I added text to the Content section of the Page Header image, as you instructed. Then one of my widgets — think it was Page Builder — asked if I wanted to copy the text to the widget. So I believe the text below the featured image was not created by GP.

Thanks.
    Dick

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dick,

If you’re wanting to put the image behind your text and CTA buttons, you’ll want to set your image as the background in the “Content” tab, and then add your title and cta buttons in the content textarea which will sit on top of your background image.

There shouldn’t be any need for widgets etc.. but if it helps you get it done then definitely go for it 🙂

Richard Robinson

Hi Tom,
    Will try… keep you posted.

Thanks.

Dick

Richard

Tom,
    Why are the Image and Content tabs under PAGE HEADER when I want to work with a FEATURED IMAGE?

I already have a HEADER at the top of my home page.

Then comes my NAVIGATION and then I want to put the FEATURED IMAGE.

Re-reading past posts, I understand that text can’t be added to the image in the Featured Image section on the home page. I will remove that image.

Thanks.
    Dick

Richard

Hi Tom again,

I’m getting it now… Sorry for all the previous verbiage.

I added text to the image.

How do I:
    –Move the text down on the image?
    –Change the font type and size?
    –Make the text a link?

Much thanks.
    Dick

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dick,

Moving the text can be done by adjusting the padding option – it will add spacing on top/bottom of the inner content.

Changing the font type and size will have to come in the form of HTML and CSS within the content box.

Same as the link – you’ll need to add the HTML for the link in there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.