[Support request] Adapt website to iPhone X horizontal

Home Forums Support [Support request] Adapt website to iPhone X horizontal

Home Forums Support Adapt website to iPhone X horizontal

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ivan Cazorla

Hi there, I’ve been trying to remove the white bars that iPhone generates when viewing a website horizontal (because of the notch) and as you can see here’s a guide that explains how to do it:

https://booking.design/how-we-adapted-the-booking-com-mobile-site-for-the-iphone-x-notch-e880fa00e989

Looks pretty easy but I’m trying to insert the meta tags in my header through Elements and through editing the Header.php sheet but any of them seems to work.

Seems like the code it’s not running but I don’t know what to do. Any advice?

Thanks,
    Ivan

Ivan Cazorla

Don’t know how but now seems to be working, might have been a cache issue, although I don’t have any cache plugin installed! :/

Thank you anyways

Ivan Cazorla

Again, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Don’t know what might be the issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

difficult to tell, is it certain pages it doesn’t work or is it just random? If the latter then sounds like a caching issue

Ivan Cazorla

Random, seems like there any sort of caching, but I don’t have any plugin for that.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

All i can suggest, is you check to see whether the Meta link / styles are actually present.
    If you have a Mac – in Safari Dev tools you can inpsect the browser of your iPhone when it is plugged in. Might give you a clue as to whats missing.

Ivan Cazorla

Thank you, I’ll check that out!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome – let us know if you find the issue 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.