[Support request] About Generate Blocks

Home Forums Support [Support request] About Generate Blocks

Home Forums Support About Generate Blocks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sumit

I was wondering why you guys didn’t offer generate blocks as a module to gp premium. Not only it would have provided a tremendous value to GP premium package but would have set you apart from the herd big time. It only make sense to me to include generate press in the gp premium plugin itself.

This is not about the price or anything in relation to that, execution just didn’t feel Generate press like, why launch it as a separate website of it’s own. I was and am confused. I am sharing this just because I have a lot of love for you guys and am genuinely interested in understanding the why behind it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Sumit,

We did consider this but decided against it as we feel like GB can be useful for users who aren’t using GeneratePress as the theme as well.

And once they try GB and like it, they will consider switching to GP as the theme.

Plugins that are compatible with all WordPress themes generally have a broader market.

Hope this explains it 🙂

Mark

Thanks for that answer, Leo. But, I need to drill down on that a little bit myself.

You said, “…we feel like GB can be useful for users who aren’t using GeneratePress…” Am I to understand then, if I have the new GP theme builder all the things the GB Pro provides are now going to be in the theme builder? So, it isn’t necessary for me to have my LTD with GP and then pay another $99 a year for the GB pro? I hope that’s the case anyway.

I mean you’re saying “once they try GB and like it, they will consider switching to GP as the theme”. Well, I do own GP Pro and have for years so I’m really hoping I’m not going to have to pay an extra $99 a year for the GB.

Thanks! I’m super excited to try it out.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

No – GPP won’t ever include GB Blocks or any of the GB Pro features.

Instead GB/GB Pro features will extend the functionality we have added to GPP 2.0 Block Element. For example – if you’re using GB Pro then you can set a Link on a Container Block – in the Block Element this feature can be set dynamically.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.