[Support request] 400 error when importing from site library

Home Forums Support [Support request] 400 error when importing from site library

Home Forums Support 400 error when importing from site library

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David

After installing and activating Generatepress Premium, I tried importing from the Site Library, but on running step 2 Import Demo Content. got an error 400. The process does not finish cleanly, so I have to refresh the screen.

Am running my site on Pressable. When I approached their support about this, they told me:

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to determine what is causing this to occur at the moment. I am able to consistently recreate the 400 error once the Demo Content Import reaches “Import Options”.
    I’ve checked file permissions on the site and these are all set correctly. I also deactivated all plugins on the site apart from gp-premium and the issue is still occurring.
    Based on the information I found from other users who spoke to the GeneratePress devs, it looks like server caching can sometimes cause these issues. If that’s the case, we unfortunately wouldn’t be able to do anything about that, as the server caching can’t be disabled here.
    My recommendation would be to skip the step for importing demo content to avoid this error occurring.

As I want to import the demo content, this is not helpful advice to not import it!

I then edited the wp-config.php file in my root WordPress folder:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

and ran the importer again until I encountered the error. But I found no file named debug.log in the wp-content folder.

I have also purged CDN and flushed the site object cache of database queries and temporary data stored for requests.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try disabling all plugins except GP Premium and try the importing process again?

Also just make sure you are not using EasyEngine?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/error-codes-importing/#400-error

Let me know 🙂

David

Thanks @Leo. I disabled all plugins except GP Premium and tried the importing process again.
    It doesn’t look like EasyEngine is installed, and Pressable said they “didn’t detect any caching plugins on the site”

No change, I still get Error 400.

BTW, PHP is 7.3.

David

Changing to PHP 7.4 makes no difference, the error still occurs.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If that’s the case, we unfortunately wouldn’t be able to do anything about that, as the server caching can’t be disabled here.

This is the issue, unfortunately. They’re saying they’re not able to disable the server caching, which is likely the cause of the issue.

You can manually import the content, but it will skip things like:

1. Adding necessary plugins
    2. Updating necessary site options

If you’d like to try, let me know the site and I’ll link you to the XML file.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.