Reply To: Plugin page load very slow

Home Forums Support Plugin page load very slow Reply To: Plugin page load very slow

Home Forums Support Plugin page load very slow Reply To: Plugin page load very slow

Tom
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Okay, been talking to the other developer.

So:

1. I’ve updated the updater class to the latest version, so there will only be update calls made on the Plugins page – not any other pages. Hopefully this helps things a little.

2. When all 11 add-ons are activated (and email is verified), WP has to make 11 separate calls to my server to check for updates, this is just how WordPress is built.

This is the same for all plugins, so people who have a lot of plugins activated will experience this wait time as well (not just GP add-ons).

However, with all 11 add-ons activated, it should only take about 13 seconds to load (using the Query Monitor WordPress plugin). On your site, it’s taking about 40 seconds, which could be a server thing, but it could also be due to your site using Multi Site and having a lot of sub-sites. I’m waiting to hear back from the developer on whether that would make a difference or not (maybe calling to my server for each plugin, on each install).

Ok, so solutions..

1. If you (or anyone) plan on using all 11 add-ons at the same time (all activated on one site), it’s probably best to make the jump to GP Premium. Some people may purchase the individual add-ons and use a couple here and there, which is fine.

2. If you stick with having all 11 activated on one install, the load time will only happen on the “Plugins” page, no where else. If for some reason you’ll be entering the Plugins area a lot, you can always go to “Appearance > GeneratePress” and deactivate your email. This will stop the calls to my server, and you can enter the Plugins area in less time. Then when you’re done, re-activated your email.

So, I’m still talking with the developer, but there are a couple solutions here we can work with for the time being 🙂

Hope this helps!