[Resolved] Wp responsive menu problem with generate press

Home Forums Support Wp responsive menu problem with generate press

• This topic has 15 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Michael

suddenly my responsive menu has stopped working and the developer is telling me that it’s due to generate press.
    Can you please take a look and let me know if you can fix?

thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

suddenly my responsive menu has stopped working and the developer is telling me that it’s due to generate press.

That’s what developer says when they don’t know the cause – it wouldn’t “suddenly” happen if it’s due to GeneratePress.

I would recommend disabling all plugins except GP Premium and WP Responsive Menu to eliminate any conflicts first.

Michael

sorry I should have been more specific. When I updated generate press, it caused the responsive menu to stop working.

I did try what you suggested and it made no difference. can you please take a look?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The latest theme update only deals with very minor CSS changes in the front end and shouldn’t caise any issues like this:
    https://generatepress.com/generatepress-2-4-2/

I’m seeing a js error in the console which might be causing the issue:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/Rpq4QmER9

Michael

thank you, can you tell me how to fix this?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you disable all plugins except GP Premium and let me check if the issue still exist?

Michael

okay doing now

Michael

okay all deactivated except GP premium and word fence security. Now I’m just getting a black screen

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

it looks like you have a plugin for your mobile menu – WP Responsive Menu?
    I assume in its settings or in Appearance > Menus you can choose what menu to assign to it – as currently it looks like it has none.

Michael

you are right David, it wasnt chosen but still makes no difference. I chose “menu 1” but it still doesnt work. If you click on the 3 bars at top left and then the X, the menu appears for a second and then disappears.

Michael

I just deactivated all plugins again except for GP premium and word fence security as Leo suggested. please advise

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I assume you also deactivated the WP Menu plugin as i cannot see any mobile menu now ?

BTW – in case you need a menu asap – the GP Menu is being hidden by this CSS in Customizer > Additional CSS:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .main-navigation {
            display: none;
        }
    }
    Michael

yes David, I deactivated the WP responsive menu because Leo asked me to. Please tell me how you would like me to proceed.

I just activated the WP responsive menu again.

I’m assuming that I chose that plug-in because generate press was not able to achieve what I wanted in a responsive menu, but it was a long time ago so there must of been a good reason for why I chose that plug-in.

if generate press can create a responsive menu by itself, then I wouldn’t need the plug-in, but it appears that it’s not possible for you to give me a menu that is located on the upper left above the logo.

here is all the custom CSS I have been using for about a year or longer, so that it includes the slider and the top left menu:

.home .site {
    }
    @media (max-width: 768px) {
        .main-navigation {
        }
    }
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The mobile menu plugin you’re using is covering the menu with its overlay.

You can fix it with this CSS:

html body .wprm-overlay.active {
        z-index: unset;
    }

ul#wprmenu_menu_ul {
        position: relative;
        z-index: 999;
    }
    Michael

thank you Tom it worked.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.