[Resolved] wordpress editor won't let me add page/post title

Home Forums Support [Resolved] wordpress editor won't let me add page/post title

Home Forums Support wordpress editor won't let me add page/post title

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mira

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug on WP or related to the theme. Whenever I try to Add New.. Page/Post, the WP editor that shows up no longer allows me to input the page/post title. It’s a huge pain because then I have to go to All Pages/Posts and manually enter a Page/Post title. This happened suddenly, it was working fine before. Any idea what is going on??

And the WP editor works fine on other sites I’m working on in other subdirectories.
    I use Elementor Pro, but again, the WP editor is working fine for my other sites in my other subdirectories.

WP version 5.2.3.
    Screenshot, it should say “Add Title,” but it doesn’t, and it doesn’t allow me to type.
    WP Editor screenshot

Thank you for your help!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try disabling all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate any plugin conflicts?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Mira

i can, but just want to make sure that disabling elementor/elementor pro won’t break my site upon return?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It shouldn’t. Elementor shouldn’t be the cause either so you can keep that activated for now if you wish.

Mira

Ok, I deactivated everything except Elementor, Elementor Pro and GP-Premium, and it’s still the same. (I didn’t have many plug-ins to begin with).

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So now the next step is to disable GP Premium and Elementor.

If the issue still exists after that, can you switch to a WordPress twenty series default theme?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Mira

i disabled Elementor/Elementor Pro and that didn’t make any difference.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Please keep going according to the instructions I provided above:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/wordpress-editor-wont-let-me-add-page-post-title/#post-1028698

Let me know πŸ™‚

Mira

Won’t that destroy my entire site? It’s pretty extensive.
    http://miratlee.com/christinathompson

I did save a version of it but I am new to all of this so it will probably take me awhile to figure out how to reinstall it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nope your customizations in GP will be back once you reactivate it.

Never a bad idea to back up your site though.

Unfortunately, these are the necessary steps to debug weird issues like this.

Mira

everything deactivated including gp-premium and it’s still the same!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you do the last test of switching to a WordPress default twenty series theme?

If that still doesn’t work then it’s really a WordPress issue.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Mira

sorry to be so paranoid, but if i switch themes, then switch back to GP, will everything be in tact?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes πŸ™‚

Mira

ah, ok, that worked. Switching to theme twenty-nineteen now brings back the correct looking WP editor! Now, to switch back??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.