[Support request] Woocommerce composite products – "Proceed to checkout" not working

Home Forums Support [Support request] Woocommerce composite products – "Proceed to checkout" not working

Home Forums Support Woocommerce composite products – "Proceed to checkout" not working

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Steffen

Nope, doesn’t work

Steffen

When adding a variable product to the cart which has a cross-sell item linked and the cross-selling item is a simple product -> All fine and the cross-selling item appears on checkout.

When doing the same but having a variable product linked as a cross-sell product -> Checkout fails and no cross-sell product appears

When doing the same with a simple + a cross-sell product linked -> Checkout fails and ONLY the simple cross-sell item appears.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Here’s where I got the idea of using wc_get_product(): https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/issues/14373

Has the error in the error_log changed at all with this new function?

I can’t get this to happen on my development server, which makes it super hard to debug.

Would you be willing to create a Duplicator package (using https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), and email it to me (support@generatepress.com)? That way I can set up your site on my localhost and debug the code line by line.

Steffen

Sure,

will set up a fresh staging site for you in the morning and send the details via email.
    The issue can be replicated on the staging site you already have access to as well though but can do a fresh one.

Steffen

Duplicator package, will try to create in the morning.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Happy to use the testing site you’ve already set up – no need to create another one.

So I’m in the cart, and everything is working – even though I have variable products with cross sells in there. Did you tweak something? If so, can we get the error to happen again so I can debug the code?

Steffen

Hi Tom,

we must be doing something differently.

I’ll send you a link to a few specific variable products via mail where I can see the issue in the cart.
    All of them will have another variable product linked for cross-selling.

There’s also a debug plugin active so you can easily check its log in the left menu of the dashboard.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.