[Resolved] Widget text size and EDD page bugs

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Widget text size and EDD page bugs

Home Forums Support Widget text size and EDD page bugs

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    forgemedia

Hey guys!
    Awesome job on the updates to GP 3.0. I’ve found a few things since moving all my sites across and thought I would round them all up into one forum post. Note: I’m using Flexbox.

Widget text size
    On all the sites I updated, the size of the text in a footer widget was always overridden by the size of the font for the body. The font size for a widget actually doesn’t seem to work at all.

Typography > Widgets > Content Font Size

I have it set to 17px in the Customizer, but it’s getting override with 19px from main body content size.

I had to add this code to all my sites, which shouldn’t be needed.
    .sidebar .widget, .footer-widgets .widget {font-size:17px;}

EDD page
    On the EDD purchase confirmation page (“View details and download”) the main content div seems to be stopping short and the content (billed to address and sold by address) is overlapping it. See image here: https://imgur.com/a/Y0Z30ok

Hope this helps!
    Brian

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Here I was thinking it only took one patch to make things stable. Thanks Brian! πŸ˜‰

Indeed bugs – will get these fixed in 3.0.2. Appreciate you pointing them out – thank you!

forgemedia

Haha, ya looks like you’ve been busy. πŸ˜…

Keep up the great work.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

How can I replicate the EDD thing? Can you share your content with shortcodes on that page maybe?

Thanks!

forgemedia

I’m using the default EDD purchase confirmation page (view details and downloads).

This is the entire code/content on the page:

Thank you for your purchase! [[edd_receipt]]

You need to actually have a purchase in there to test it though, because the [[edd_receipt]] shortcode generates all that content which then overlaps the page div. It’s also easier to see if you have a different background color from your main content set on the page.

FYI, I temporarily fixed it by adding this to my sites.

#post-2280 .inside-article {overflow:auto;}
    The post ID is obviously unique to each EDD page. So I added the above across my three EDD sites, with their own unique post ID.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange – not able to reproduce on my end of things. It also looks like floats aren’t being cleared, but GP itself isn’t using any floats like this.

Is this something you’re able to reproduce on a default install?

forgemedia

Hey Tom,
    After some more testing, I discovered it was coming from Easy Digital Downloads EU VAT extension.
    They are basically just floating left the two info boxes below all the default EDD stuff.

I’m going to ping the team over at barn2.co.uk. As this is actually coming from their CSS (stylesheet). So I don’t think it’s something you need to worry about. They probably just need to account for sites now that might be using Flexbox with GeneratePress.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Cool – thanks for taking the time to test it!

Widget content font size bug is fixed in 3.0.2 which will be released this week πŸ™‚

forgemedia

Awesome thanks! Keep up the great work.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You too! Mentioned permatters in our speed article re-write: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

forgemedia

Wow, thanks. I’ll help share the post around and will drop it in my next newsletter.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s no Brian Jackson article, but I tried! πŸ˜‰

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.