[Support request] website won’t load properly

Home Forums Support [Support request] website won’t load properly

Home Forums Support website won’t load properly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Cory

I have been having tons of problems with my site loading properly and my tech support says it is a theme issue. I only get the header displayed when I view it in any browser. I have deleted my cache and tried different browsers and the same issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to your site?

Cory

Hi David,
    This is the link to my site.
    https://aboyishgirl.com/

I have just gone through each plugin on my site and the when the gp premium plugin is deactivated my problem is fixed.
    Thanks
    Coralie

Cory

I literally only have the header and footer on the homepage. I am running the new wordpress 5.6, and my tech support asked me to ask you if there are any issues with this wordpress version. Currently my site is pretty much down at the home page. The post if you search individually work, but if you hit home it shows only the header and footer. Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

We’re not aware of any issues at the moment.

I’m seeing a jQuery is not defined error on your site. Can you try deactivating Autoptimize temporarily to see if it fixes the issue?

Cory

I had tried that, and just tried it again and the problem is the same. Along with the homepage, even if you get to my site through a single post URL, the search function and home page function go to just the header and footer with no content.

Also, there is nothing but widgets under the customize option. Everything else is missing.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Aha, I see the issue.

Core WordPress files are missing from your website.

For example, your site is requesting jQuery, but that file (a core WordPress file) is missing:

https://your-domain.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1

If you go to “Dashboard > Updates” and re-install your current version, it may fix it. If not, something is wrong with your server. If you show your hosting support this post, they should be able to figure out what’s going on.

Cory

So i passed this along to my tech support and the homepage is back up so thank you. Unfortunately I don’t have any ability to customize in generate press other then widgets. They literally just aren’t there, they are missing.

Cory

I can’t seem to fix the issue with my theme. I still don’t have any ability to change the layout or customize my theme at all. I am hoping that are able to address this. My site doesn’t look very good right now. Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have the Gutenberg Plugin installed ? If so can you disable that plugin.

Cory

No I do not. Yesterday I deactivated every plug in then one by one reactivated and the issue never resolved.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you show us a screenshot of the issue in the Customizer? It sounds like something is up with your server, perhaps from the WP 5.6 update.

Cory

how do i add a screen shot?

Cory

Picture

This is it I think it turned out.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I think you’re having trouble with your hosting/server. Who are you hosted with?

This issue could be a PHP memory limit problem: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/increasing-php-memory-limit/

However, it could be that something is misconfigured with your hosting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.