[Support request] Update Fails

Home Forums Support [Support request] Update Fails

Home Forums Support Update Fails

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rabinarayan

Dear GP Team,

I installed WordPress 5.5 today. After that, I installed GP Premium updates. It failed.

A few days ago, I had installed it and found the same problem. Actually, there were unparsable structured data issues after the installation. Thus, I rolled it back and had not installed it.

I need your support as I am a newbie and not technical.

Thanks and regards,

Rabinarayan Hotta

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you explain the error you’re receiving and where ?

Rabinarayan

Hello David,

I am getting the error in the plugin area.

Thanks and regards,

Rabinarayan Hotta

Anne

I’m having the same error in the plugin area: “Update failed: Download failed. Unauthorized”

The GP settings page still has the key correctly entered and says I’m currently receiving updates.

I also recently updated WP to the 5.5 version.

Stefan

Hi there,

the same problem here as well (WP 5.5 updated performed, current GP-Premium 1.10.0 )

Beim Aktualisieren von GP Premium ist ein Fehler aufgetreten: Download fehlgeschlagen. Unauthorized

Please let me know if you do need more information for troubleshooting purposes.

Best regards

Stefan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Stefan

Hi David,

thanks for the tipp. It worked nicely.

Best regards

Stefan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that

Peter

Same problem today: Update failed: Download failed. Unauthorized

Apologies – followed your earlier note and saved the license key in Appearance etc – works fine now

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you try the instructions provided here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/update-fails/#post-1400383

Anne

That worked for me as well, thank you! (didn’t change the URL of my website though, so not sure what happened)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sometimes when updates happen the License fields get emptied for no particular reason.
    Glad to hear its resolved.

Finn

Hi

Unfortunately I’m having this issue: “Update failed: Download failed. Unauthorized” when trying to update Generate Press Premium.

I have followed the steps here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/updating-issues/#getting-an-unauthorized-message but the problem still persists.

This problem has arisen after pushing a site from staging to live. Any recommendations?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That error simply means that the URL has changed from the time to license was activated (pushing from staging to live).

Re-saving the license will tell our system about the new URL, and it will stop the error from happening.

If clicking Save isn’t doing it, try completely remove the license, saving, and then re-adding it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.