[Resolved] Unable to Customize

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Unable to Customize

Home Forums Support Unable to Customize

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, can you go to “Settings > General” and make sure your Site URL and Home URL are identical?

Jeanne Melanson

Yes, both URLs are the same.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, are you sure?

I ask because everywhere I’ve seen has mentioned this being the problem.

For example, one might have www., while the other doesn’t.

If they’re completely identical, can you possibly send me temporary admin login details to support@generatepress.com so I can take a better look?

Thanks!

Jeanne Melanson

Yes, I’m sure.

I’ll send you log in information. Thank you!

Jeanne

Jeanne Melanson

Info sent

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm..

Next thing I would try is plugins – you have a lot of active plugins, and one of them could be causing this.

Can you try deactivating them? Does the Customizer work now? If so, activate them one by one until it stops working again.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Jeanne Melanson

No changes with all plugins deactivated. Still no preview. It still tells me my session has expired. I sign in, it tells me I’ve signed in, then I’m asked to sign in again. This is all where the preview should be.

Weird thing is that I CAN customize, but I have to save and publish every detail in order to go to my live site and see what it looks like. That’s a hassle.

πŸ™

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looking at the source code, it seems to site is actually set up on a different domain (your name).

Do you have some sort of redirection going on somewhere? Once we tell the site to only use the domain you have set in Settings > General, the Customizer will work again.

Jeanne Melanson

WOO-HOO!!! Update! Update! Update!

It’s working! The preview is working now. Not sure why. I emptied the cache one more time, and it’s working.

Woo-hoo!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.