[Resolved] Unable to change font family

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Unable to change font family

Home Forums Support Unable to change font family

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Joe

I am using Generate Press version 1.2.94 and Elementor version 1.2.1. The Generate Press typography plugin is installed.

When I go to customize topography in the body, header, primary navigation or content (H1), the font family drop down menu opens and a new font family can be selected, but the page I am working on does not update on the screen. Even if the font family change has been saved and I go to the page to view it, the font family change is not reflected. Iam able to change font color, size and weight, but not font family. The same thing happens when I try to change font family in Elementor.

I also tried installing the Easy Google Fonts plug in by titanium to override Generate Press topography without success. I tried it with and without the Generate Press topography plug in activated. I also checked the box in Elementor’s settings that disables Elementor’s Global Fonts to make use the fonts from Generate Press.

I’m out of ideas. Can you help me out on this?

Joe

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Joe,

Can you make sure you are using the most recent version of the theme (1.3.44)?
    I believe this is a bug that should’ve been fixed.

You can update it through Dashboard > Appearance > Themes

Let me know.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

wait I think that’s a bug in Premium which should’ve been fixed in 1.2.94.

Update the theme anyways and see if it works.

If not can you provide a link to the page where it’s not working?

Thanks!

Joe

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the quick response.

Dashboard > Appearance > Themes > Theme Details says I have the current theme version and 1.3.44 is indicated there. No update method indicated there. When I go to the plug in page, the Generate Press version is 1.2.94 . When I go to the Generate Press plug in activation page, it says Generate Press 1.3.44 and Generate Press Premium 1.2.94.

Joe

Joe

It’s not working on any of my pages. Here is one of them: http://whiteriveressences.com/intro-to-elementor/ .

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, so if you go into “Customize > Typography > Body”, change the font and save, then reload the page – the font you chose isn’t reflected there?

Can you try #1 on this page?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Joe

When I go into “Customize > Typography > Body”, change the font and save, then reload the page – the font you chose is not reflected there. I turned off all

I turned off all plug ins and the font family change is still not reflected.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try increasing your PHP memory limit?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/increasing-php-memory-limit/

Joe

My host says the PHP memory limit was increased to 256M. I then re-opened WordPress and the font family still can not be changed.

The host made the change by modifying php.ini (which I saw contains the 256m command) and phpinfo.php (which seems to contain the correct code according to their internal documentation). I’m not sure if they modified .htaccess to make the memory command global or even if that would be necessary.

The host did not modify WP-config.php.. I have access to that file and I can edit it. Should I do it? I have one question about that:
    can I append

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘128M’);

at the end of the file immediately after the last semicolon?

Regarding the bug itself, it seems like changing the font family worked for a short while after your theme was installed and then stopped functioning. I wouldn’t want to do it, but I could reset WordPress, which would delete all pages and settings, and pay better attention to how the bug appears. Depends on what you think.

Joe

I just checked the readout from the phpinfo.php file, which says the memory limit is now 256M.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Anything in your error_log file?

Any chance you can send me temporary admin login details?: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Joe

Here are the contents of error_log

[09-Feb-2017 07:16:51 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class ‘Elementor\Group_Control_Image_Size’ not found in /home2/x7n8a6z8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/managers/image.php on line 41
    [06-Feb-2017 21:37:32 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home2/x7n8a6z8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/beaver-builder-lite-version/classes/class-fl-builder-model.php on line 4021
    [03-Feb-2017 03:10:07 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate key name ‘location_type_code’ for query ALTER TABLE wp_woocommerce_shipping_zone_locations ADD KEY location_type_code (location_type(40),location_code(90)) made by require_once(‘wp-admin/admin.php’), require_once(‘wp-load.php’), require_once(‘wp-config.php’), require_once(‘wp-settings.php’), do_action(‘init’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, WC_Install::check_version, WC_Install::install, WC_Install::create_tables, dbDelta
    [03-Feb-2017 03:10:07 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate key name ‘location_type_code’ for query ALTER TABLE wp_woocommerce_tax_rate_locations ADD KEY location_type_code (location_type(40),location_code(90)) made by require_once(‘wp-admin/admin.php’), require_once(‘wp-load.php’), require_once(‘wp-config.php’), require_once(‘wp-settings.php’), do_action(‘init’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, WC_Install::check_version, WC_Install::install, WC_Install::create_tables, dbDelta
    [02-Feb-2017 20:56:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home2/x7n8a6z8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/beaver-builder-lite-version/classes/class-fl-builder-model.php on line 4021
    [31-Jan-2017 00:56:33 UTC] PHP Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home2/x7n8a6z8/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4788
    [31-Jan-2017 00:56:33 UTC] PHP Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home2/x7n8a6z8/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4785
    [31-Jan-2017 00:56:33 UTC] PHP Warning: fopen(/home2/x7n8a6z8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/jetpack.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/x7n8a6z8/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4782
    [31-Jan-2017 00:56:14 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class ‘Jetpack_Sync_Actions’ not found in /home2/x7n8a6z8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/sync/class.jetpack-sync-listener.php on line 208

What are temporary admin login details?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm some strange errors in there but nothing GP related.

Temporary admin login details means simply creating a new temporary admin account for your WP Dashboard and sending it to me. That way I can investigate a bit further and see if I can pinpoint the cause. Then when I’m done, you can fully delete the account.

Joe

Sure I can do that. Can you send me your email address privately using my email address on file with GP?

How long do you think you need administrative access? I plan on leaving the website alone until you are done assessing / tweaking. Diagnostics aside, please let me know changes you make. I could learn something from that.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can send your login access through the account issues on this page: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to change font family’ is closed to new replies.