[Resolved] Unable to change font family

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Unable to change font family

Home Forums Support Unable to change font family

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Joe

I need an email an email address to input to do this through the WordPress add new user screen or to do it with a plug in.

Joe

OK, I added a user using my email address and sent you admin login credentials through the account issue page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Joe,

Here’s what I see: https://www.screencast.com/t/7QNhOfsgmv

Didn’t notice any issues.

Joe

Hi Tom,
    That’s good news. I use Firefox and it is not allowing Flash to run, so I couldn’t run Screencast and had to go over to another browser (MS Edge) to do it. Noting that, I ran WordPress in MS Edge and was able to change font families. Is flash necessary to change fonts family and and other features on GP?

Thank you for running this down so quickly and sorry it was a non-issue.

Joe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm nope – not flash required in GP or WordPress in general.

Javascript is required in order for the Customizer to work – do you have it disabled?

Joe

No, it’s enabled.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just tried it on your site in Firefox as well – no issues.

Maybe an extension you have installed in Firefox is causing the issue? Might be worth trying with extensions turned off.

Joe

The problem appears to be a Firefox config setting. When I get around to it, I’ll do a deep uninstall and see if that works. I’ll let you know when my website is up and running. I hope you’ll find it interesting. Thanks again for everything.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Darren

My Typography>Body>Font insists on reverting to Open Sans — but apparently only from the font that I added via suggested code:
    }
    add_filter( ‘generate_typography_customize_list’,’tu_add_google_fonts’ );
    function tu_add_google_fonts( $fonts )
    {
    $fonts[ ‘nunito_sans’ ] = array( ‘name’ => ‘Nunito Sans’ );

return $fonts;
    }

Coincidentally or not, the original code given by TU had ‘Open Sans’ as the example.
    thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for letting me know! Looks like this font was added recently.

I’ve just updated the list of available in GP for the next update which includes Nunito Sans.

For now, you’ll need to use their manual integration instructions for including the font on your site.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Darren

My manual integration chops being what they are (i.e. that route hasn’t worked either), I’ll wait for the update.
    Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I could use some people to test out the latest version. If you’d like to, feel free to shoot me an email: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Darren

I should add that setting my site title to another Google font, ‘Poiret One’, while it persists in the customizer, and persists in being listed as the font selection; it doesn’t display upon loading the site. I thought maybe not clearing the cache might cause some hang-up (?), but upon using different browser, same deal. (Also, I’m running your script for loading the whole shebang of Google fonts. Dunno if this has any significant downsides.) Thanks.

David

I’m having the same problem. Under Customize > Typography > Body, I can change the font size but not the font family. Although, I do see the font family change in the navigation menus in the header and footer but nowhere else. Note also that I can change the font family in the Customize > Typography > Content.

Site is: korehr.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to change font family’ is closed to new replies.