[Resolved] Typography – Adding Fonts/Static Page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Typography – Adding Fonts/Static Page

Home Forums Support Typography – Adding Fonts/Static Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jared Wilmer

Hello,

I am curious if there is a way to add additional fonts to the typography plugin? If so, can you use a .tff file and how would you incorporate it? (WP Newbie)

Also, I notice that if I use a static page as a Front Page any changes that I make to the H1 header font do not work. They only work on the individual post pages. Any way to fix this issue?

Thanks!
    Jared

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jared,

1. Unfortunately not – fonts have to be licensed for web use, or else it’s illegal to use them embedded in a website. The fonts are taken from Google Fonts and are all licensed appropriately to embed and use.

2. That’s odd – not noticing that on my end. When you change the H1 settings, the title of the page you’re on doesn’t do anything?

Let me know,
    Tom

Jared Wilmer

Tom,

Thanks for the quick response.

Well, it’s not technically the “title” of the page since it is a static homepage. Perhaps it would just be best to let you see for yourself.

jaredwilmer.com

On this page you will notice the issue. The Post Title font is still the default font. However when you click through to:

jaredwilmer.com/2014/07/pardon-the-dust/

You will notice that the font has changed. (This is the font that I would like to use)

Cheers,

Jared

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jared,

Blog post titles use the H2 setting, while the title on the single post uses the H1 setting.

That may be where you’re running into issues?

Let me know,
    Tom

Ramkumar

Hi,

I have been gifted a standard license for using the Articulat cf font from the Creative market site.

I have the zip files with me.

Now I would like to use the font for the “headers” or for the body. Test it and see how good it looks. Currently I am using the font pair (open sans and Merriweather). I would like to replace one of them and see how it looks.

Please let me know, how should I go about on this. Should I write a simple css program. Please let me know.

regards,

Ramkumar

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.