[Resolved] Top banner option has disappeared from the layout settings

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Top banner option has disappeared from the layout settings

Home Forums Support Top banner option has disappeared from the layout settings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Carsten

Hi, for som reason the top banner option has disappeared from my customization layout settings? Sometimes it is displayed shortly but then disappears.

View post on imgur.com

Regards
    Carsten

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Top Bar customizer options only display if there is a Widget inside the Top Bar. Go to Customizer > Widgets > Top Bar and add a widget to see those options.

Carsten

Hi David, there are actually two widgets in the Top Bar, but the are not displayed, and Top Bar options not availble in the customizer

View post on imgur.com

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have any layout elements added that might be removing the top bar?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/#disable-element

Carsten

I added another widget, ‘Who’s Online’, which is displayed, while others are not, like the Back Button and the ‘BuddyPress Notifications, which is grayed out. These widgets are displayed in the Header and in the Footer.

View post on imgur.com

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide the password to view your site?

Carsten

Hi Leo, can I send the credentials in private to an email address?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can send it through Account Issues here with reference to the topic URL:
    https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please add the same widgets in two widgets area so I can compare the difference.

I’m not sure why one of them is greyed out – that’s not something the GP can do.

Carsten

Hi Leo, credentials have been sent, and the three widgets have been added to to top bar, header, sidebar and footer with different outcome.

Regards
    Carsten

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like the widgets just aren’t render correctly.

I’m only seeing 1 widget in top bar and 1 in footer.

Are those widgets coming from a plugin? If so can you checked with their support?

I’d assume all the default widgets (like HTML or text widgets) all rendered correctly?

Carsten

I added a text widget, but it does not render in the header or the top bar either. I switched theme to Generatepress and back to the child theme, and now the back button is rendered in the header, but not the top bar or footer

Carsten

This is how the top bar and header looks like with a text widget added to both

View post on imgur.com

Carsten
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you first try activating the parent theme and disable all plugin except GP Premium and BuddyPress?

Carsten

Yes, I will do that tomorrow and get back to you then.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.