Home Forums Support Tiles

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by David.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    John

Hello GP-Support !

I’m not sure if I can describe this properly. Please see http://www.understand-culture.com

There are two navigations. Off-canvas and the clickable terms on the pages, i.e. Countries, Contrasts, Patterns, then topics such as Communication, Agreements, etc.

Clickable terms, not terribly exciting. It has been recommended to me to convert them to so-called tiles. Is that possible within GP?

Thanks !

John

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi John,

Clickable terms, not terribly exciting. It has been recommended to me to convert them to so-called tiles. Is that possible within GP?

A lot of things are possible with GP w/ a bit of customization but some may require significant amount of custom coding depending on the complexity of what you’re trying to do.

Can you elaborate more about this? Any particular design or behavior you want to achieve? Perhaps provide us a reference site you’d like to replicate? Let us know. 😀

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

John

Holy Moses, Elvin, that was fast. What time zone are you in? Thank you !

Please see this link:
    https://docs.scade.io/docs/create-tile-based-navigation-menu

I think the term I should have used was grid, and not tile.

John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

there are a few ways to go about this. First question is whether you want an image to accompany the link, or some other kind of styling. Let me know so we can provide some options

John

Hi David,

I’m not sure if I want to go in the direction of tiles/grid. I need to experiment. The process needs to be simple, flexible, quick to make changes.

To your question: Yes, I would have an image of some kind. That’s the tile, I believe.

Thanks !

John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Simplest method would be to use the core Gallery Block.
    Just need to upload your relevant images, add the Title / Alt Name / Captions to each image then add them to a gallery block.

John

Gallery Block … new to me. I’ll give it a try. Thank you, David. As always responsive, helpful, great to work with.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we can be of help

John

Hi David,

GenerateBlock … I just read about it and watched a few videos. It looks excellent. However, for now I’ll keep my site the way it is. Thank you very much.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.