[Resolved] Empty postmeta values

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Empty postmeta values

Home Forums Support Empty postmeta values

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Aguiar

Plugins generate all the time, automatic information in the database “wp_postmeta”.
    Causing, over time, slowness, and high consumption of resources.
    I now have 3 blogs, they generate approximately 100MB of space, every 1 hour.
    In three months, I had to format the entire server, because the BD grew to 50GB.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Tom.
    Aguiar

http://s8.postimg.org/7oz6i6t4l/screen.png

Create more than 100 entries/day

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good timing! New version of Page Header has eliminated these entries if no value exists.

However, creating over 100 entries a day would mean you’re creating a lot of new pages every single day? These won’t be created without pages being created.

This is definitely an issue with a lot of plugins due to WordPress not having a very specific way of saving these entries only if a value exists – big Page Builders are terrible with this since they have hundreds of options.

It’s a high priority of mine to cut these down dramatically in the next update πŸ™‚

Aguiar

No, i dont create posts every day.
    My blogs, have around 150 posts (adding all of them).

I believe that these entries are created for each visit to the page/post.

The last time i formatted everything, there were more than 400,000 entries.
    And don’t use any other plugin, just the GP.

My server with 3 cores and 6 GB of ram, not endured 3 blogs, with less than 6k visitors.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Entries can’t be added to the database on regular page visits, that would be a massive core issue with WordPress. Can you imagine websites that get millions of visits using WP? Those databases would be insane.

Entries are added to the wp_postmeta table when the save_post hook runs, which only happens when you save a post.

For example, from your screenshot above:

The _meta-generate-page-header-content-autop option is added to the 866 post ID.

Only one of that specific option can exist within that post ID.

When a visitor visits your site, a new post ID isn’t created – that only happens when you create a new post.

Either way – those empty values should definitely not be there, and they won’t be in the next version.

Let me know if you need more information at all – I’m happy to help πŸ™‚

Diana Solis

Hello, I’ve been using Generatepress for a long time (and I love it) but checking my database I found 29391 empty post meta from generate (_generate-disable-footer, _meta-generate-page-header-image-background,_generate-disable-nav, etc) and about 6000 with some values.

Questions:

1.-Can I delete empty values?

2.- lots of the 6000 existing values looks also “unseful generated”

_meta-generate-page-header-image-height and _meta-generate-page-header-image-background-spacing
    I have 842 lines each, and all with 0 value (all of them old post) and all of them are the same 842 post. Can I delete?

_meta-generate-page-header-image-width value 1200 (the same old 842 lines)

_meta-generate-page-header-image-crop value: c (the same old 842 lines)

_meta-generate-page-header-image-background-type value: contained (the same old 842 lines)

_meta-generate-page-header-enable-image-crop value: crop (the same old 842 lines)

_meta-generate-page-header-image-background-alignment value: left (the same old 842 lines)

I think I have the answer: delete πŸ˜‰ (back up first) but I need to ask just in case.

thank you

Diana

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can totally delete those empty values. A long time ago our code would save the key anyways, regardless of whether there was an option. This is no longer the case (and hasn’t been for a few years).

Let me know if you have any other questions πŸ™‚

Diana Solis

Thank you Tom, It was really a long time ago!
    Have a nice weekend πŸ™‚
    Diana

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks, you too! πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.