[Support request] Themes

Home Forums Support [Support request] Themes

Home Forums Support Themes

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    John

I just received an email that you responded, but I don’t see your response for my previous query, below?

Thanks, David. I’m a bit confused before I do the reset, I find a theme I think that will suit me, it’s GridMe WP Theme. Before I subscribed with GP Premium, I had already installed the Magazine Edge theme. Elvin advised me that it’s not really compatible with GP, so I chose the Prime theme from the GP Site Library. GridMe WP Theme is not in the GP Site Library, is that going to be compatible with GP Premium. Additionally, GridMe has a Pro version.
    I appreciate your advice.
    Thanks,
    John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK so the basics are:

GeneratePress is a Theme, of which there are 1000’s like Magazine Edge Theme.
    You can only install one theme on a WordPress website.

GP Premium provides many features for customizing ONLY the GeneratePress Theme.
    One of the features is the Site Library. Site library imports are NOT themes. They are simply importing all the GPP Premium settings, dummy content and other plugins to create the site you see.

So you cannot use a GP Premium with any other theme aside from GeneratePress.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    John

OK David, I understand. Unfortunately, the options in the site library are limited. I’ll keep looking.
    Thanks, John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Let us know what you decide.

John

Hi, I managed to install the ‘Broadcast’ theme into my GP Premium. I’m having difficulty in locating the ‘Home Hero’ block, I think that’s what it’s called per below under elements.

<h2>Broadcast Your Ideas</h2>
    <p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor.</p>

How do I replace the whole block with an image (and to remove the texts)?
    I have no knowledge of coding.
    Thanks,
    John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Broadcast ( like many of the sites ) uses a Header Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

You can edit them in Dashboard > Appearance > Elements.

John

Thanks, David. In the GP document, a lot of the explanations involve coding, which I know zero. Is there a simple way of uploading an image on the Home Hero section?
    Thanks,
    John

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi John,

Is there a simple way of uploading an image on the Home Hero section?

Sure. As David mentioned, Broadcast uses a Header Element.

You can edit them on Dashboard > Appearance > Elements.

You should be able to see a list of Elements. By Broadcast default, the element name for the home page hero section is Home hero. You should be able to see it on the list.

As for actually adding the image, here’s a demo video for you to follow:
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/OAuJEOpp

Note: Make sure to remove the .gradient element class and the background color as they cause the image to not display properly.

John

Thanks, Elvin. Do you do training for people like myself? For example, I’d like to have someone to show me how the ‘Broadcast’ theme works, using Zoom for 1 hour or so, for a fee. If not, do you know anybody that can do this one on one? John

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks, Elvin. Do you do training for people like myself? For example, I’d like to have someone to show me how the ‘Broadcast’ theme works, using Zoom for 1 hour or so, for a fee. If not, do you know anybody that can do this one on one? John

We appreciate your eagerness to learn how things work but I’m afraid we don’t offer that service.

But you can read and learn more about Broadcast theme by visiting its demo site here: https://gpsites.co/broadcast/?page_id=44

And we are happy to answer any questions you may have about it.:)

John

Hi Elvin, I managed to upload the image I wanted for the Home Hero section. But I noticed the original text was still there, being superimposed by the image. So I went back and deleted the codes with 2 lines on the top window thinking that it will delete the original text. But when I refreshed the page, it disappeared! Help!
    John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Header elements must have some content inside them for them to display.
    By removing the text within, removes the element.
    IF you do not want text over the image then edit the Element and add a HTML Comment eg.

<!-- Header Element -->

Comments aren’t displayed on the front end but they are treated as content.

John

Thanks, David. That worked.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.