[Support request] Theme customize doesn’t control the container padding

Home Forums Support [Support request] Theme customize doesn’t control the container padding

Home Forums Support Theme customize doesn’t control the container padding

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kelvin

Dear Sir/Madam,

My site is Bootstrap 4, I want to make the body container as full width size, I try to change the content padding but it doesn’t apply to the container (refer to the web inspector).

If I view the page in mobile, there is 15px adding to the .inside-article class, I don’t have idea how I can made the container in full width size no matter on desktop or mobile view.

I hope I can configure the padding through the theme’s option as possible.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

Kelvin

Yes, sure

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The padding is coming from Bootstrap and this isn’t something we can fix in the theme.

Is there a reason why you are implementing Bootstrap?

I wouldn’t recommend it. Take a look at David’s reply here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/full-width-section-without-affecting-the-layout/#post-1655625

Kelvin

Dear Leo,

Do you mean GeneratePress is not bootstrap compatible, so I can’t do the setting via the theme customize?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

HI there,

Bootstrap writes a lot of CSS – some of which uses the same CSS classes that the Theme uses. Which in turn causes conflicts.

The topic Leo link to provides a method of isolating bootstrap so it only applies to the Bootstrap content.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.