[Resolved] The Event Calendar Issues with GPP

Home Forums Support [Resolved] The Event Calendar Issues with GPP

Home Forums Support The Event Calendar Issues with GPP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Alec

Hello,

I am using The Events Calendar plugin on my site and it integrated nicely. After the plugin was updated the layout and some of its behavior became to have issues with the GP.

They have the option to switch back to the previous version of The Events Cal. I checked all possible options and figured out that switching to Twenty Twenty theme corrects the issue with it.

Of course, I did contact the support of TEC but they recommended to ask you.

Their new version has a major update – new code, new scripts, CSS, etc. so obviously it is the reason. I googled it, searched GP forums, tried to play with my main and staging site – no clue for me…

So, maybe you have an idea?

Here is a TEC new version (5.0) on my staging site – the width of the list view is incorrect compared with the plugin’s Demo page of it or my switching to 2020 Theme)

Hovering over an even link in the Month calendar view should bring a pop-up with a description. Strangely, it doesn’t work with GP but works when I switched to 2020 theme

My live site here has an old version of TEC which is fine
    here is the calendar view with pop-up box description upon hovering on an event.

Do you have an idea of what could be wrong with GPP with TEC version 5.0?

Sorry for the long description here…

and thank you in advance,

Alec

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try adding this PHP snippet to disable the blog columns on the tribe events archives – which is causing the issue:

add_filter( 'option_generate_blog_settings', 'db_disable_columns_tribe_events' );
    function db_disable_columns_tribe_events( $options ) {
        if ( is_post_type_archive( 'tribe_events' ) ) {
    	    $options['column_layout'] = false;
        }

return $options;
    }

The missing calendar pop-up looks like a plugin conflict, can you try disabling others to see if thats the case – i would start with Lightweight Social Icons as this uses the same tooltip scripts.

Alec

David! You are awesome!

Thanks for your quick help and the exact solution!

You were right about Lightweight Social Icons – disabling it resolved the problem. I disabled it and then reenable and unchecked the tooltips feature – seems to be working OK.

Thanks again, David!

p.s. – on my live site use a child theme, should I just paste the snippet you provided in the functions file in the Child theme’s folder instead of the Snippets plugin I use?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

p.s. – on my live site use a child theme, should I just paste the snippet you provided in the functions file in the Child theme’s folder instead of the Snippets plugin I use?

Yes 🙂

Glad to be of help

Matt

Hi David,
    I’m also having problems with Events Calendar – using GP Pro, again it’s fine with Twenty TwentyOne. In the month view it shows on around half the page rather than full screen and then when you explore the calendar it shrinks to about 25% of page width.
    I’ve copied your php above into my child theme but it has no impact, any other suggestions.
    The site is here: https://staging1.yorkshirecnd.org.uk/events/
    Many thanks,
    Matt

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Matt,

Does the issue exist if you disable GP Premium?

Matt

Hi Leo,
    Thanks for the fast response. The issue does still exist when I disable GPP. I’ve re-enabled now, otherwise lose my header.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Sandee

I created a layout without sidebars and applied it to the calendar page to fix this issue. You might try that though I’m not sure it’s the correct way.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks Sandee!

That sounds like a promising solution 🙂

Matt

Thanks Sandee, I’m using the generated events page, so don’t have access to edit it. How did you get around this, does it require creating a layout element?
    Thanks again.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Matt

I’ve gone ahead and done as you suggest Sandee via Layout element – it does get rid of my sidebar on individual header and archive page, but doesn’t have any impact on the strange behaviour… Any other ideas Leo?
    Many thanks,

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I’m running out of ideas here. Not really seeing what GP is doing is causing this.

The content container from GP is correct:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/Ab9gpl7XTDrv

And the rest of the code is coming from Tribe itself:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/YFQ9fnjC

Did this issue just start to happen?

Can you start a staging site so we can do some further debugging without messing your live site?

Matt

For anyone that following this thread later – I was able to resolve by turning off the updated designs – uncheck “Use updated calendar designs” in the Event Calendar Settings. Seems that GP is not compatible with the new designs, but old ones work fine.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you’ve found a workaround and thanks for reporting back!

I think it’s worth mentioning to their support team.

You can show them my reply here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/the-event-calendar-issues-with-gpp/#post-1677939

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.