๐ŸŽ‰ Happy 4th of July! Get 15% off GP Premium with the discount code: 4THOFJULY2020

[Support request] The Event Calendar Issues with GPP

Home Forums Support The Event Calendar Issues with GPP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alec

Hello,

I am using The Events Calendar plugin on my site and it integrated nicely. After the plugin was updated the layout and some of its behavior became to have issues with the GP.

They have the option to switch back to the previous version of The Events Cal. I checked all possible options and figured out that switching to Twenty Twenty theme corrects the issue with it.

Of course, I did contact the support of TEC but they recommended to ask you.

Their new version has a major update – new code, new scripts, CSS, etc. so obviously it is the reason. I googled it, searched GP forums, tried to play with my main and staging site – no clue for me…

So, maybe you have an idea?

Here is a TEC new version (5.0) on my staging site – the width of the list view is incorrect compared with the plugin’s Demo page of it or my switching to 2020 Theme)

Hovering over an even link in the Month calendar view should bring a pop-up with a description. Strangely, it doesn’t work with GP but works when I switched to 2020 theme

My live site here has an old version of TEC which is fine
    here is the calendar view with pop-up box description upon hovering on an event.

Do you have an idea of what could be wrong with GPP with TEC version 5.0?

Sorry for the long description here…

and thank you in advance,

Alec

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try adding this PHP snippet to disable the blog columns on the tribe events archives – which is causing the issue:

add_filter( 'option_generate_blog_settings', 'db_disable_columns_tribe_events' );
    function db_disable_columns_tribe_events( $options ) {
        if ( is_post_type_archive( 'tribe_events' ) ) {
    	    $options['column_layout'] = false;
        }

return $options;
    }

The missing calendar pop-up looks like a plugin conflict, can you try disabling others to see if thats the case – i would start with Lightweight Social Icons as this uses the same tooltip scripts.

Alec

David! You are awesome!

Thanks for your quick help and the exact solution!

You were right about Lightweight Social Icons – disabling it resolved the problem. I disabled it and then reenable and unchecked the tooltips feature – seems to be working OK.

Thanks again, David!

p.s. – on my live site use a child theme, should I just paste the snippet you provided in the functions file in the Child theme’s folder instead of the Snippets plugin I use?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

p.s. โ€“ on my live site use a child theme, should I just paste the snippet you provided in the functions file in the Child themeโ€™s folder instead of the Snippets plugin I use?

Yes ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad to be of help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.