[Resolved] Text wrapping too early on mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Text wrapping too early on mobile

Home Forums Support Text wrapping too early on mobile

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anton

On mobile (or when narrowing the browser window to the same width as a mobile screen) some of the lines of text are wrapping too soon, apparently at random:

https://www.melbournechildpsychology.com.au/

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Anton.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not too sure what you mean – it all looks normal to me?

Is there a specific line wrapping too early?

Anton

Hi Tom,

If you look on an iPhone width screen (or use Chrome and inspect with the device set to iPhone 6) there are several lines of text that appear to be wrapping too early. It starts in the heading with “teenagers” and then in the first sentence of the first body text paragraph the same thing with “psychology”, then again with “overcome” and there are several other examples throughout other paragraphs. The most obvious example is the word “of” in the first paragraph after the first set of bullets.

Anton

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, your spaces have the   tag in there, which stands for a non-breaking space: http://screencast.com/t/euWJnLHI3r

You’ll want to replace those with a regular space (just use the space bar) and it should all work 🙂

Anton

Thanks Tom. I’m familiar with non-breaking spaces ( ) and that’s what I first looked for but I didn’t see any when I viewed the HTML source and they don’t show in the WP editor.

I now realise they can only be seen using the “inspect” option in Chrome.

I’ve fixed them but it was quite a tedious process. Any idea what might cause this?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

One way this can happen is if you copied from another source (web page, word document etc..) that had the nbsps. When pasting, I typically like to paste into the “Text” tab which strips all HTML, then you can re-format using the WordPress controls.

Anton

Yes I’m aware of that and I always paste as plain text for that reason. It’s a bit of a mystery…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Definitely strange – if it keeps happening it may be worth opening a topic over on the WordPress.org forums as it might be an issue with your TinyMCE editor.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.