[Resolved] Systematical approch to GeneratePress Ref: June 3, 2018 at 11:26 am #590943

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Systematical approch to GeneratePress Ref: June 3, 2018 at 11:26 am #590943

Home Forums Support Systematical approch to GeneratePress Ref: June 3, 2018 at 11:26 am #590943

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Clemens

Hi there
    Obviously, I do not explain the problem quite well
    I’ll tell once more the different steps:

After having manipulated the original page-header title resp. content container by your hook and snippet the length of the page header was no longer limited by the sidebar but stood above both the content and the sidebar. All was fine. These changes work further on.

But as far as I understood, the original page header title was repaced by the snippet. And if I now try to change something concerning the page header title H1, the changes have no effect at all. With my visual css-editor I can see the changes in edit-mode, but after saving them, no effects have taken place.

I can’t find any longer the css-code of the hook. It works, but after having installed a new template, the code is no longer visible in the hook where I wrote it before. Therefore I did ask you several times where (in with file) these changes which I am not able to retrieve may be stored. And as I can’t retrieve them, I can’t change them.

Oh, I just found your mail from June 3:

Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Hooks and add the code below in the After Header hook and make sure execute PHP is checked:

<?php if ( is_page() || is_single() ) : ?>
    <header class=”entry-header grid-container”>
    <?php the_title( ‘<h1 class=”entry-title” itemprop=”headline”>’, ‘</h1>’ ); ?>
    </header><!– .entry-header –>
    <?php endif; ?>

Then remove the original title with this snippet:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_show_title/

Hope this helps,
    Clemens

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, so if it was added in GP Hooks, the Site you imported would overwrite those hooks, as they’re within the database (not written to files). When you imported the Site from the Library, you downloaded a backup file, which includes everything that was in your Hooks. You can re-import this file to grab your hook content (to be re-added later), then re-import the Site from the Library.

This is why we suggest that the Site Library is only used on fresh installs, so there’s no overwritten data or content.

As for the issue of the H1 not responding to your tweaks – which options are you adjusting in the Customizer?

Let me know if that makes sense! Sorry for the confusion πŸ™‚

Clemens

Hi, Tom,
    thanks for your quick answer. The point I do not really understand is:

If – after installing a new template – all hooks have gone, the functionality of the h1-header-title should show the same problems as in the beginning. But it isn’t: The h1 header can still be as long as the body size (including sidebar). So that’s exactly the effect we wanted to get with the hook.

Nevertheless,
    (1) I reinstalled the hook. Then, there are 2 page-header. Ok.
    (2) With the snipped installed, the “old” header should dissapear, but it has no effect.
    (3) In the backend, I go to color – header – color of the websit: whatever I do: no effect – nor in the Visual editor nor after publication.
    (4) Just up to today I suggested that his non-effect ist caused by the fact that the snippet removes all titles.
    (5) Furthermore, the colors of the body now are different for the home page and all other pages. The visual editor shows a dark red, which I had changed in the meantime to blue and which is right for all other pages.

(6) You asked what I wanted to change: colors and adjustment, trying left.

So reinstalling the hook and the snippet multiplies the problem. You can verify this by visiting “https://fuehrungsstrategie.de&#8221;

If you want I can sent you a screenshot of the changes in the backend.

Thanks for your help,
    Clemens

Clemens

(1) The new added page-header-title color can be changed, but the second – is not effected (as before).
    (5) Sorry, I verified: the color of all pages (body) is the same, and changing the colors works.

But I have no idea why the ‘old’ page-header title don’t dissaper by using the snippet.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The second H1 you’re seeing is being added by a Page Header within the “Page Header” area of your Dashboard. It will inherit the color that is set within those Page Header settings.

If you delete the Page Header, your hook should continue to work as before.

The cool thing about using a Page Header to display your title is it will replace the old title for you – no need to add code snippets.

Clemens

Hi, Tom,
    what a surprise. You are working on saturday for your customers. Great!
    So, if I understand you well, I have to delete the page Header. But please tell me how.
    I found a possibility to suppress visibility of the page header by visual css-editor, but in this way, the Container just exists and so there is a lot of superfluous spacing.

Have a nice weekend!
    Clemens

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you go to “Page Headers” within your Dashboard, you should see a Page Header set to the Home page. If you delete it, it should go away.

Clemens

Thanks, but this doesn’t have any effect.
    What I did instead (by means of my visual css-editor): heading .generate-page-header h1: “hidden”. And grid.container .generate .page-header .grid-container display:”none”
    Is this a good idea?

Bye, Clemens

Clemens

sorry: .generate-page-header

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It works, but it’s not great to hide headings like that.

I can take a closer look if you’d like to send me temporary admin login details?: https://generatepress.com/contact

Let me know πŸ™‚

Clemens

Hi, Tom,
    that’s really great. I generated a new access. You should get automatically your login-data. I used the email-adress “WordPress@generatepress.com”.
    Please let me know if it works.
    Thanks a lot,
    Clemens

Clemens

For a better understanding, I removed all changes to hide the headings. So, actually there are two headings as before.

Clemens

Hi, Tom,

Problem solved! The issue was caused not by Home Page Header, but by GP Header which I deleted. Curios to know by the way why a Page Header that isn’t activated is able to cause this issue.

Have a nice sunday!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It was likely set as the Page Header for that page through the metabox settings. Glad you got it working! πŸ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.