[Support request] Submit site template for site library

Home Forums Support [Support request] Submit site template for site library

Home Forums Support Submit site template for site library

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Stephen

Is it possible to submit my own Elementor template designs to the the site library for others to install, customize and use??

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Vitor

I David,

I was trying to reach to the URL above, but somehow is not available, can you check and let us know the right URL for the exporting-generatepress-site ?

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Vitor,

Site library submission has been closed for now.

Sorry about that!

Vitor

Thanks Leo 🙁

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Vitor

Hi Leo, me again… sorry.

On that note, I would like to know based on this topic: https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-6/

“The extra cool part? You can build and sell your own GeneratePress Sites! They’re super easy to export and package up. More on that soon!”

Because that’s exactly what I’ve been thinking about doing!

Can you elaborate? On how to achieve that?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Something like this would probably work:
    https://wpcrib.com/export-import-wordpress-website/

Vitor

Thanks Leo, sorry for the late reply.

I’m making good progress with GeneratePress sites, but I hit a roadblock, I’m building the Sites using GeneratePress Premium also.

Is it ok to package the website with all plugins included, and GPP, without the licence key of course, and direct potential buyers to GPP website for the licence purchase?

Thanks for your time

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

As of right now I decided not to allow third-party sites in the library. It would be very difficult/impossible to ensure quality/security of these sites, and since people are using a GP feature to import them, it would reflect badly on us.

However, I’m looking at a couple of options, including:

a) Adding a notice in the library if a site isn’t directly from us, warning the user to only install it if they trust the source.

b) Manually vetting each author to make sure the sites are quality and secure.

c) A combination of a+b.

Vitor

Thanks Tom for your reply.

Yes I understand that, what I’m asking is the possibility to build GeneratePress Premium Sites that I intend to sell using my own domain?

Basically the customer would import the package with all the plugins and content in place with a tool like All-in-One WP Migration.

Best

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, well that’s totally do-able. You don’t need the library to do that – you just need to export your site and provide the package + instructions to your customers 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.