[Resolved] Sticky Sidebar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sticky Sidebar

Home Forums Support Sticky Sidebar

• This topic has 38 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    BarnaB

Both,

the plugin overlapped the footer instead of stopping just above it. The jQuery didn’t do anything :/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try setting up the jQuery again and then link me to your site? It should work.

BarnaB

Sorry didn’t had the chance but at the same time there was one more option i did try:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/mystickysidebar/

This free plugin did the trick and works great out of the box (after giving it the right # in options)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome πŸ™‚

Rodolfo

Hi there! I’m using Sticky Menu Plugin.

If you go to “Advanced Settings” and fill the field “Push-up element (optional)” = “.site-footer”, it works!

Try it. Easier than jQuery.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for the tip, Rodolfo! πŸ™‚

BarnaB

Hi,

For those who still need this in the future, here is my handy tutorial on how to make a sticky sidebar:

Re

I just wanted to say BIG THANKS to Tom for posting the GitHub link to the Sticky Kit… I implemented this on two client sites and it works great… no plugin required.

For those that tried downloading the master file from GitHub, like I did, be advised that you need to only need to upload the contents of the /dist/ folder to your child theme’s /js/ folder… not the whole contents of the .zip…

These two files are all you need: https://github.com/leafo/sticky-kit/tree/master/dist

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you found it useful! πŸ™‚

GUILLARD

Hello,
    Sorry for my English, I’m French…

The Jquery method seems not working for me.

I have created a child theme, copy sticky-kit.min.js and sticky-kit.js in a js directory I have created.
    Then put this in the functions.php:
    add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘generate_custom_scripts’ );
    function generate_custom_scripts() {
    wp_enqueue_script(
    ‘custom-script’,
    get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . ‘/js/sticky-kit.js’,
    array( ‘jquery’ )
    );
    }

and this to the footer (in GP Hooks) :
    <script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function( $ ){
    $(“#left-sidebar”).stick_in_parent();
    });
    </script>

Did I have done something wrong?

Regards.
    Camille.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    GUILLARD

Yes, I have seen the video, but I didn’t want to add an extension.
    I resolved my problem with putting a sticky menu on the left side instead of a sidebar.
    Regards.

Gillian

Hi Tom

I’m looking for a sticky sidebar menu. I had a look at the plug-in you suggested back in 2015 but it hasn’t been updated for nearly a year. Is there another plug-in which you would now suggest? (I know nothing about jQuery so that route is much more complicated for me)

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I do believe this plugin still works very well: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/sticky-menu-or-anything-on-scroll/

Kaleem

Nice video. Is there a way to selectively set any individual widget u like to sticky?
    Example: you have on your right sidebar, widget A,B and C. And on your left sidebar, widget X,Y and Z.
    You want to sticky widget B only on the right side. And that of left side, widget X and Z. is this possible?
    thank you in advance.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.