[Resolved] Sticky menu persists on mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sticky menu persists on mobile

Home Forums Support Sticky menu persists on mobile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    NBC

I’ve turned off sticky navigation for mobile, but when I check the site on my phone, the sticky menu’s still showing up. (It also shows up in the Customizer’s tablet and mobile previews.)

I’ve turned off Autoptimize so you can see what’s what.

[Note: This site’s still running GPP 1.11.2. I’m trying to troubleshoot the WP 5.5 auto-updates, and this site at least thinks it knows how to auto-update GPP. (See this thread for what I’m talking about.) If it’s not updated when I get up on Monday morning, which should be about 4 hours after it thinks it’s going to auto-update, I’ll update it manually.]

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Odd… could you enable the Customizer > Layout > Mobile Header and make sure its sticky option was not enabled ?

NBC

I don’t have a Mobile Header category under Layout in the Customizer. Am I missing something?
    The categories under Layout are as follows:
    Container
    Header
    Primary Navigation
    Secondary Navigation
    Sticky Navigation
    Off Canvas Panel
    Sidebars
    Blog
    Footer

If I turn on “Hide when scrolling down,” that eliminates the menu from desktop view when I actually want it there.

I’m sending you log-in credentials so you can see for yourself.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oops – i meant Customizer > Layout > Header –> Mobile Header. You will need to enable that option to see if sticky is enabled.

NBC

The “Sticky” checkbox on the Header screen doesn’t turn off stickyness.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you resend the login details providing us with temporary admin access so i can look for the issue.

NBC

Credentials re-sent. Thank you, David!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide the admin access so we can take a look at the customizer etc?

NBC

Duly updated, Leo.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m seeing the stick option On?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/VVpTHQZOYHOg

Have you tried turning it off?

NBC

I want it on for desktop. I have it set to “Desktop only,” but it still shows up on mobile.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

We are not talking about the same option here.

Please take a look at my screenshot above. You have sticky mobile header turned on.

Turning that off should work.

NBC

I had turned that off, Leo, but turning it off had no effect on mobile. (And the way that feature’s labeled makes it look as if it applies to more than mobile.)

So to recap: That feature is turned off, but the sticky menu still appears on mobile.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you go to Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation and set the Mobile Menu Breakpoint to 768

NBC

That took care of it, David. I’m still not certain why turning off stickyness for the mobile menu didn’t turn off stickyness for the mobile menu 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.