[Support request] Staging site menu links redirect to live site pages

Home Forums Support [Support request] Staging site menu links redirect to live site pages

Home Forums Support Staging site menu links redirect to live site pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    QGOTV

Hello, I created for the first time a wp staging site to help problem-solve some issues. In doing so, the thing I have not been able to fix yet is that every menu link looks like its going to the staging site and you can tell by pointing the mouse at the link and seeing in lower left corner of the page where that link is pointing to. It looks correct with /staging/ in the url. Well, once clicked, the page redirects the /staging/ url to the live site url.

FYI – besides this issue during cloning, the home page left and right sidebars were missing and many of the menu items were jumbled around or missing their page references. I removed those links or put them under the correct heading. I checked the menu page properties themselves and the ‘Original’ links all include the /staging/ in the url.

Have you heard of this before and could you suggest how to fix?
    Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

how did you create the staging site ?

QGOTV

I made the staging site at GoDaddy. From CPanel > Applications > Installatron. Then I clicked the Clone icon for My Blog. It took a long time – 2 hours to do.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you tried to contact godaddy as it’s not something that GP can control?

The staging site’s url structure doesn’t look right, usually if the live site url is domain.com, then the staging site url would be something like staging-domain.com, not domain.com/staging.

QGOTV

Thank you for your input.
    I’ll try checking with GoDaddy again.
    Penny

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome, hope GoDaddy can fix this for you quickly 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.