[Resolved] Staging site issue via kinsta server

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Staging site issue via kinsta server

Home Forums Support Staging site issue via kinsta server

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lauren

Hi,

I created a staging site via my kinsta server, and there are several issues with the staging site. The navigation is not displaying correctly, there are differences in the footer, and some other things the kinsta rep noticed. They think it is an issue with the generatepress theme and suggested I ask if there is a domain-limitation in place. If so, what can I do to get the staging site working? I am just trying to update the generatepress theme and switch from floats to flexbox without effecting the live site while I adjust the code.

Thanks!
    Lauren

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the page in question?

You can use the private information field:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Let me know πŸ™‚

Lauren

Sure – thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m surprised Kinsta’s support would think this is a theme issue.

There is should be no limitation when it comes to GP and staging site. Our site is hosted in Kinsta too and haven’t noticed any issues when we needed to create staging sites.

Can you try some debugging tips like disable all plugins except GP Premium and activate the parent theme to test?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Lauren

Hi Leo,

I did what you suggested, but as you can see on the staging site – without the plugins it is a mess. The only thing I can see is that the logo showed back up – before it was not showing in the code in the place where it is on the live site.

Thanks!
    Lauren

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What exactly isn’t working on the staging site currently without other plugins activated?

I would recommend following up with Kinsta’s support for a better answer – there shouldn’t be any limitation with the staging site and GP whatsoever.

They are our #1 suggestion for hosting service: https://generatepress.com/wordpress-hosting/ and I have not seen this issue from other users before.

Lauren

Hi Leo,

Thank you for your response. A kinsta support rep was able to find a solution for me, and I wanted to follow up here in case anyone else runs into this problem. After creating the staging site, I just needed to change the theme to something else (I switched to generatepress parent theme), and then switch back to my generatepress child theme. This resolved the navigation issue. I did have to re-add my site logo and my custom footer copyright text, but otherwise my settings were retained.

Thanks again,
    Lauren

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.