[Resolved] Spacing Add On Not Working

Home Forums Support Spacing Add On Not Working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Eddy

Hi,

Please watch the following:
    https://www.loom.com/share/c25178ef755a42408c08aa2de5df8852

Thanks.

Eddy

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

well thats not normal….
    Can you try temporarily disabling all other plugins aside from GP Premium to check if there is a plugin conflict.

Eddy

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the multiple tickets. I thought you guys may have preferred different issues as different tickets. But I guess they do all fall under the same bucket. In any event, watch this video:

https://www.loom.com/share/f144b35c4b184aa2ac5be5c1f6e3d63e

Both issues still persist. Please advise.

Eddy

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I thought you guys may have preferred different issues as different tickets.

We definitely do.

Can you test with browser incognito mode or another browser to see if it’s a browser issue?

Eddy

Hi Leo,

So it’s not a browser issue either. I had already tested that. And using the same browser generatepress functions perfectly on another site I have it on.

Do you guys want to try logging in?

Eddy

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sure!

You can send the dashboard access using Account Issue here:
    https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please include the following information:
    – The URL of this topic.
    – Login URL.
    – Username and password.

Eddy

Thanks Leo. I’ve sent everything via that form.
    I hope you guys can diagnose the issue.

Eddy

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you disable all plugins except GP Premium for me?

Eddy

Hey Leo,

You have full admin access to the site. You can disable and enable anything you want. It’s a staging site. So it’s fine for you to mess around with it. But I’ve gone ahead and disabled the plugins. But feel free to do whatever you need to do to troubleshoot and fix. Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Something strange going on with the scripts that are supposed to be loaded in GP Premium.

For example:

https://www.staging.YOURDOMAIN.com/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/customizer/controls/css/slider-customizer.css?ver=5.4

That’s just loading your homepage, when it should be loading the slider-customizer.css file.

Can you confirm that wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/customizer/controls/css/slider-customizer.css exists on the staging server?

Eddy

Hi, Is this something you need me to ask my hosting company?

I just installed and activated the theme and plugin like I would any theme or plugin on the staging server. Is there anything else that my host that needs to be done besides that. Is there something you want me to look into?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Eddy

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It might be worth checking with them. If the plugin uploaded correctly, then that file will be there. If the file is there and it’s redirecting to the home page, it likely means there’s some sort of server issue going on.

Is the issue only on the staging server?

Eddy

I only tried it on the staging server. I don’t want to mess with the live production server until all my customizations are tested on staging.

So just to be clear what exactly am I asking my hosting company.

Hi,

We installed a plugin and theme that is not functioning properly. The developer checked and thinks there is as server issue where wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/customizer/controls/css/slider-customizer.css is not properly installed.

Can you check this is installed properly on the staging server?

Is this what I’m saying?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Basically, that file should exist on the server. So the first thing is to make sure it actually exists on the server.

If it does, they can see the issue by trying to navigate to the file in their browser. They’ll see that instead of opening the file in their browser, it just redirects to the home page.

That’s the bug. The browser isn’t able to render the CSS and javascript, as the files just redirect to the homepage.

The issue will be fixed once those files execute instead of redirecting.

Eddy

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the advice. It was a server issue. Here’s what they said:

The issue should be resolved now.

In some rare cases when you create a staging website with a larger database some URLs from the live website left in the database and I’ve manually edited the database.

Now the CSS is loading properly instead of redirecting to the homepage, you can check that by hitting the link – https://staging.workathomenoscams.com/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/customizer/controls/css/slider-customizer.css

The issue appears as the database of your live website is almost 700 MB.

Keep in mind, the staging feature works properly for websites with maximum size of the database not larger than 500 MB and file size less than 5 GB.

However, clear your browser’s cache and check again the customization options or use a different non-cached browser.

But now it’s fixed! Thanks again! Kyle and Carson from WealthyAffiliate.com recommended your theme to me and they were totally right about the speed and support. I look forward to this theme being the theme of choice for the Wealthy Affiliate membership.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.