[Resolved] Spacing Add On Not Working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Spacing Add On Not Working

Home Forums Support Spacing Add On Not Working

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Glad they were able to get it fixed πŸ™‚

Eddy

I have a final question for you. So I’m making all my theme changes in a staging environment. And then I want to move those theme changes only over to my production server.

Is it possible for a developer to just only move the staging theme changes I’m making to production without over writing my existing production database like posts and comments. Obviously as I’m working on my staging environment, my production server is still getting comments and new content. I don’t want that all lost because all i want to move from my staging server are the theme changes I’m making.

Any thoughts? Obviously I’m not asking your team for help with this. I’m just more curious if what I’m asking is technically feasible.

Thanks.

Eddy

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If it’s all Customizer changes, you can export them in “Appearance > GeneratePress”. You may need to re-upload images so they use the right URL, but that’s it.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Eddy

Hey Tom,

That sounds even easier.
    So on the staging environment I would do all my generatepress customizer changes.
    Then, export them onto my computer?

And on the production server, i would need to install GP premium, activate the theme and then import the staging changes I made and the site would look like what I changed it to in staging?

Is that correct? Do you have a video for this? Thanks

Eddy

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s correct. It would download a .json file, which you would then upload to the live site. This will only work for options inside the Customizer, though. Things like Elements would have to be done separately in “Tools > Export” and “Tools > Import”.

Eddy

That’s great Tom. This will make life even easier and I won’t have to depend on my developer or hosting company to move the design changes over. Thanks again!
    Yet another reason to love this theme!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Glad I could help πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.