[Resolved] Sliding menu

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sliding menu

Home Forums Support Sliding menu

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Can someone please walk me thru the settings for making a sliding menu. I have a menu which I can put below or above the header and I can’t get rid of it. I only want a sliding menu. I added a menu icon for the menu logo but I don’t see it anywhere. I just want a sliding menu and no other menu.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Go to “Appearance > Menus”.
    2. Create a new menu, leave it empty and set the “Theme Location” to “Primary”.
    3. Create a new menu with your menu items and set the “Theme Location” to “Slideout”.
    4. Go to “Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation” and set “Slideout navigation” to “Both”.

That should do it πŸ™‚

Peter

Thanks, that got rid of the extra menu and it shows an icon, but its not showing the icoon that up uploaded and added to the navigation logo. What am I missing?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Not too sure what you mean? You added your own icon?

You can specify you’re own trigger for the slideout menu like this: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/slideout-menu/#post-162826

Peter

Thank you again. That worked. I am now using the font-awsome for the trigger, but I’m still wondering about the custom image. I was talking about the navigation logo under Customizing β–Έ Layout > Primary Navigation.
    What is that navigation logo image for? I uploaded an image but I don’t see it anywhere.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The navigation logo can be shown on the static (non-sticky) menu, the sticky menu or both of them.

If it’s set to sticky and your menu isn’t sticky, that would explain why you’re not seeing it.

An example of the navigation logo is right here on this site πŸ™‚

Peter

OK, I think I have the hang of it.
    I have given up on so many themes for one reason or another, but generatepress seems to be working for me so far.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great to hear πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.