[Support request] Slideout navigation plus blog section

Home Forums Support [Support request] Slideout navigation plus blog section

Home Forums Support Slideout navigation plus blog section

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Swadhin

Hi there,

I have activated the slideout navigation. But it shows empty in the desktop as well as mobile. How do I activate it or add elements over there.

For the blog page, (link provided):

1) How do I change the pagination numbers’ design from my current one to the one this blog has.

2) I currently have the following code for my blog section’s box container design:

.separate-containers .inside-article {
        box-shadow: 1px 1px 1px rgba(50,76,128,0.05);
    }

How to customize it so that the blog section (along with all archive pages) have this hover effect like when you hover on any blog post of this blog section but this effect should not follow the single posts it should only show in the archives.

Thanks so much
    Best regards,
    -Swadhin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Swadhin,

You need to assign a menu to the Slideout Navigation, as you would primary and secondary navigations.

Blog pagination numbers, something like this:

.page-numbers {
    	display: inline-block;
    	width: 30px;
    	height: 30px;
    	text-align: center;
        border: 1px solid #000;
    }
    .page-numbers.prev,
    .page-numbers.next {
    	width: auto;
    	padding: 0 5px;
    	border: 1px solid #000;
    }

And for the hover shadow you can try this:

.blog .post:hover, .archive .post:hover {
        -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 40px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.05);
        box-shadow: 0 0 40px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.05);
        background: #fff;
    }
    Swadhin

Hi David, thanks so much!

This worked so wonderfully.

But my pagination buttons are a bit smaller than the blog I showed you, is it due to the font size I have?

One last question: The hover shadow we just added to our site removed the separator I had for my single page/post. How can we add a separator for both? Maybe something like this page has?

David, I am hopefully nearing my site redesign and thanks so much for patiently listening to my questions and answering them like angels. I truly appreciate it. ๐Ÿ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can add a font-size: 18px; property to the first .page-numbers rule above and adjust accordingly.

I think you may have accidently removed the single post border when you changed the code you posted here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/slideout-navigation-plus-blog-section/#post-626261

Just replace the box-shadow for a border-right property, as i believe it was previously (?)

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.