[Support request] Slideout Nav, & Footer Position

Home Forums Support [Support request] Slideout Nav, & Footer Position

Home Forums Support Slideout Nav, & Footer Position

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Aaron

1.) By default the slideout navigation is positioned on the right side how can I get it to be positioned on the left side instead ?

2.) I noticed the footer bar is not the full size and is contained but that’s because the entire container is wrapped around a border how can I keep the border for everywhere else except the footer bar so It can be full size

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. You can position the slideout toggle button anywhere in your navigation like this: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/slideout-menu/#post-162826

2. You could try adding the second part of the full container in the “After Footer Content” hook instead of wp_footer.

Might not work, but worth trying.

Aaron

I have tried adding the 2nd part in the after footer container it didn’t work .

Not too sure what you meant by positioning the slide out toggle

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. What about the “Before Footer” hook? Might just need to play with a couple different hooks.

2. Did you try the steps in that topic?

Aaron

Before footer did the trick ๐Ÿ™‚ I may have explained It wrong but I’m trying to move pic the toggle icon in the picture from the right to the left side of the menu.

Wasn’t too sure what you meant by;
    Then add a custom link to your menu and give it the class of custom slideout-toggle.
    In your custom link you can give it a navigation label of: <i class=”fa fa-bars”></i> Menu

Sorry I’m fairly new to the wordpress scene.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Basically what you’re doing with those instructions is hiding the default 3 bars, then creating a new menu item in whatever position you want (at the start, in the middle, at the end).

Giving it the class makes it function like the default 3 bars, and giving it the label is what makes the 3 bars show up.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.