[Support request] Site Header Container Sizing

Home Forums Support [Support request] Site Header Container Sizing

Home Forums Support Site Header Container Sizing

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    David

Thanks for your help.

You’re right on the padding in the photo.

I had used a similar logo from the same source on another GP site without issue, but when I compared both site headers side by side in Google elements, the other logo had no extra transparent padding in the photo.

It does seem to make a big difference even a just little extra transparent padding.

Anyway, I’ll have to figure it out from here.

Thanks again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah the extra transparent space in the image can cause a big headache.
    Ideally if you can in your desktop app:

1. save the image at its largest sitze
    2. crop the image down to as close to the pixel space eg. see green border here:

2022-10-10_17-16-56

3. Then save the Image at the desired size you want it displayed eg. 300px wide

As a general note, when saving new logos, each new logo you upload should have a different file name.
    As WordPress caches the logo, and if you upload a new logo with the same filename as the old version, then WP may just use the old one.

David

Hi David,

I have an open source photo editor called Gimp. It’s like photoshop as it works with layers, etc. I was able to resize the image and cut out all that extra padding quite easily. In fact, I was able to change the logo to enlarge parts I wanted enlarged within the logo. I was using the Mac “Preview” editor, which is good, but limited and it just wouldn’t let go of that extra padding..lol..

Anyway, thanks for al your help!

All the best!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear that !!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.