[Support request] Site Header Container Sizing

Home Forums Support [Support request] Site Header Container Sizing

Home Forums Support Site Header Container Sizing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    David

Hello,

I uploaded a logo for the Site Header. The ideal size is 350:70. However, those dimensions make my site identity (site Header) look way out of proportion. When I increase the width, it just makes the entire Header container too big. I’ve also reduced the top and the bottom of the header padding all the way to 0 and it is still too big. How can I change the size of the Header or the Header padding further to fit my needs.

Thank you.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi David,

For reference, can you provide the link to the site in question?

You may use the Private Information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

David

I’ve provided a link to the site in the “Private Information” field along with this reply. But I don’t understand why you can’t tell me how I could change the dimensions of the Site Header Container to fit my logo so it’s not taking up practically 3/4 of the visible page above the fold…

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi David,

Viewing the logo from my end, the image you’re using has paddings in the image itself. Can you check? Try opening and editing the image, and remove the space from the image itself.

David

Hi Fernando,
    I’ve cropped the image as much as I could. Unfortunately, with each cropping and a reduction of pixels, I also lose image quality. Is there a way for me to change either the dimensions of the site logo box or have the ability to change the dimensions of the padding to allow me to adjust the container further.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you check the correct logo file is added, as i am not seeing the logo due to a 404 error.

David

Hi, the logo is live on the site header. I just checked. I’ll list the site again in the private section.

David

I will ask once again, because I seem to be running around in circles with GP support: Is there a way for me to change either the dimensions of the site logo box or have the ability to change the dimensions of the padding to allow me to adjust the container further?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Theres an issue with the Retina logo.
    Can you go to Site Identity, and in the Retina logo, add a different image, publish the changes and then delete the retina logo and republish the changes.

David

Ok, I’ve just done that. Again, all I want to do is to be able to reduce the padding around the site logo so I can use the logo I want without the whole site header taking up 1/2 – 3/4 of the page above the fold.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok, so that fixed the retina issue and i can now see the logo.

2022-10-10_17-16-56

So the issue is the spacing around the logo is part of the original image.
    Are you able to crop the original image to remove some of that space ?

David

Yes, I’ve cropped as much as I could. I’ve had similar issues with the site header before. Is there some code I could add to give me more flexibility in adjusting the padding? Also, that size in the screenshot from Google Elements is due to me increasing the width in the customizer. If I don’t, the site logo is practically invisible which is why I asked about being able to change the padding settings. I took a screenshot, but I can’t seem to be able to upload it here.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You have to crop the original image, as that spacing is part of the pixels, we can’t use CSS to reduce that.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You have to crop the original image, as that spacing is part of the pixels, we can’t use CSS to reduce that.

David

In fact, all that extra space around the image in the screenshot is due to the logo width adjustment, not the image itself. I’ve had the image down to 70:70px and when I use the site logo width adjuster in the customizer to make it bigger, the image gets distorted…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.