[Resolved] Sidebar Issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sidebar Issue

Home Forums Support Sidebar Issue

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The colors looking normal to me:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/k27RkL7X9

Have you figured it out?

JANE

NO! I think you must have missed what I said. I added one link in the menu area, which turned dark blue 9which is what I see on the screenshot). It is not readable and I want the links to appear as white. I pretty much tried everything I could think of to resolve it and I still need support.

Please look at it again and advise.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you set a link color for the headline block?

I can see a text color set for it, but not link color.

Let me know!

JANE

The link color is set to white and when you click on it, it turns white, but otherwise it is not legible.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hum…I can only see the link hover color is being set to white, but not seeing the regular link color set for the headline block.

Make sure cache is cleared, and if I may suggest, I don’t think it’s a good idea to have your cache plugin activated on a staging site as you are constantly editing and changing the site.

If clear cache doesn’t work, go to dashboard > GenerateBlocks > settings, click theRegenerate CSS button.

JANE

Thanks for the suggestion to turn off the cache plugin. I did that.

I’m feeling like we must be in different places, so I wanted to provide a screen shot of what I am looking at. Unfortunately, I can’t find a place to upload the screen shot.

I am looking at the block that says “Custom Footer.” Maybe it is not what you are calling the headline block. What you would see on the screen shot is two items under the “Colors” heading that I set to white: the text and the link colors. There is nothing taht says “link hover color,” just link color and I already have the link color set to white. For the “Learn EFT Home link, it’s dark blue. I just don’t get it.

Please tell me where to look for the “regular link color for the headline block.”

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    JANE

Thanks, David. Great to know about postimage. The screenshot is below.

As I mentioned, I’m thinking I must be looking in the wrong place, because I am not seeing a choice of “link hover color” and the link color is set to white here. I would assume the link color setting would determine the link color, but it obviously is not.

Is the headline block somewhere else other than in elements? I really need to resolve this and I am not making any progress.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

The first color option for link is the regular link color which you left it empty, so this link is using the color set in customizer for general links.

The second color option for link is the hover link color which you’ve set it to white and it works correctly on front end.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/CxhQXV5S

If you hover on the color option, you would see the alt text.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/QmVXPw5N3zj3

JANE

Thanks, I get it now, but don’t understand why it doesn’t just say what you said in your screen shot.

On more question. Now that I have done that, the links are underlined when I go to the page (doesn’t show as underlined when in the element). Any way to eliminate the underline?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Do you want to remove the underline only for links in the footer? If so, try adding this through Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.site-footer a {
        text-decoration: none;
    }
    JANE

Thank you, Fernando. That worked.

I apologize for the delay – I was on vacation. I still have one more question. There is a large space between the bottom of the page information and the footer. How can I tighten it up?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Has the original topic “Sidebar Issue” been resolved?

If so can you open a new topic as this one is quite long already?

And it’s easier for us to keep track based on the topic title.

Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.