[Support request] Set page header image as post thumbnail

Home Forums Support [Support request] Set page header image as post thumbnail

Home Forums Support Set page header image as post thumbnail

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Clevelus

The site is configured so that the full background screen is set to the specified background picture. For the pages of the site, everything is fine. But for the block records, the constant picture is bad.
    In this case, each author can set an individual image in post.

How can I set the background image of a post for blog posts (if it is set)?

I expected to see in the settings a checkmark in the settings where the image in the page header is set: use the thumbnail if it is specified.
    I also expected to see a filter as “generate_page_header_image_url”.
    But I did not find anything.

GeneratePress 2.1.3
    GP Premium 1.6.2
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not sure I fully understand.

You have a Page Header which is set to show the featured image as the background image, but you want to be able to choose the size of the image?

Clevelus

Any post in blog can have an image.
    Post image
    Featured Images & Post Thumbnails

How can I install this image here (preferably with the condition, if it is specified, then use the post image, if not set-use by default)?
    Header Image

That is, for all blog entries, one Page Header is selected. But if an image is specified in the record as a featured image, then this record is displayed with featured background image.

I have a Page Header which is set to show the featured image as the background image, but I want to select the image itself, depending on whether it is set at the post level.

Maybe there is a image URL filter in the Page Header? This would solve the problem, but I did not find such a filter in the documentation. It would be nice to also have such a checkbox on the image section Page Header (second screenshot): “Use the Post Featured Image, if it is present”. And if the post featured image is not set, then use Page Header featured image.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you checked out GPP 1.7 yet? It’s a release candidate, so it’s very stable: https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-7/

It allows you to create a “Page Hero”, where you can tell it to use the featured image of each post it’s applied to.

Then you can also specify a “Fallback image” in case a featured image isn’t set.

Let me know if I’m understand right or not 🙂

Clevelus

I watched the video and read the description. I did not find such an opportunity.

But in any case, the new function replaces the old one and still have to go over it. ))

Also, based on your message above, this is exactly what you need.
    Change image

I will try to test this opportunity today on the test site. And if everything is well set on a commercial site, where you need the image replacement function.

The only, very bad localization in the Russian language, both in the new module, and in the old ones.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, it’s a brand new module, so it will need to be translated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.